Free Bryce 5.0 till Sept. 6th

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Go here
to download a free version. While not the best 3D software out there, it does have some use and you can easily make some nice imagery.

D

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2006
Oh man, I was so nasty at Bryce when I was 11 or 12, now I'm really sad I didn't keep any of the images.

FredClausen

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
KALM
SilentPanda said:
:) I was all happy until you made my smile turn upside down... :(
LOL!

Stop whining, it's free.

But I understand your feeling. Luckily I'm still running Panther.
:) Don't get me wrong, giving Bryce away for free is really nice of them.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
FredClausen said:
Nice find. Too bad Bryce 5.0 isn't compatible with Tiger.
Why do you think it's free? ;) I may download it just to have it incase I back down to Panther on an external drive or something. Might come in handy.

Thanks for the link!

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
deepisland said:
I cannot save in Bryce in 10.4.7. Anybody else have this problem?
Same, whatever happens I have to cmd option esc as clicking save/save as somehow makes the menubar hide permantly.

Probably explains why 5.5 crashes under Tiger.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
RE: pwnt

jsw said:
But it's pwned by 10.4.7. Which also runs Bryce 5.0. ;)
not quite.

:D

took forever to type that god awful serial number. it was like i was typing in a code to gain access to the world's nuclear missles. wasted 10 minutes of my life with no copy and paste option. nice program anyways

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
Bobdude161 said:
took forever to type that god awful serial number. it was like i was typing in a code to gain access to the world's nuclear missles. wasted 10 minutes of my life with no copy and paste option. nice program anyways
cmd c + cmd v if theres no copy and paste menu. Works everytime.

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
deepisland said:
No, havent had that problem at all. What is everyone running? Is it on G5s, mostly or what? On my G4 dont have any problems so far. Saves ok in 10.4.7. I can even import it into photoshop without problems. I find the rendering a little slow, tho. I think their recomended requirements should be 1.25mhz. I cant imagine running it on their minimum 500mhz, gaaaak! :eek:

Whoa, what was up with that serial # ? LOL :D

Anyone gone for the $20 upgrade to 5.5?

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
vohdoun said:
Yeah G5, but why get 5.5 when this is why they are giving it away as 6.0 is coming out.

http://www.daz3d.com/support/downloads.php?product=bryce

http://www.daz3d.com/program/bryce/55requirements.php
*** Note: Bryce 5.5 will not function installed on a UNIX partition under Mac OS X.***

That explains why 5.5 is buggered with me... though that doesn't make sense...
Dont know just curious if anyone had gone to 5.5. I've been playing around with Bryce and its kind of fun so far. I just found one bug tho, the help function crashes the program. Ow! :( It also doesn't feel complete like its missing alot of presets and textures?

Anyone know if 6.0 will be universal or what the requirements will be? Maybe 5.5 will be last that can run on G4s? I tried looking real fast but havent seen anything on bryce 6.

fblack

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
faustfire said:
I cant believe this program is still around, its been bought and sold how many times?!
Why not? Good old Metacreations made many nice little programs like: Painter, Infini-D, Poser, Kai's PowerTools etc. There must be a market or they would have just ceased to exist a long time ago. :)

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Bump before the last day! I know no bumpage but... it's freeeeeeee!

Oh wait... now I remember why I didn't get it. It doesn't work in Tiger..

RAWR!

Panda SMASH!