Free Bumper Arrived Today

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rml4uk, Jul 30, 2010.

1. rml4uk macrumors member

I ordered my free bumper on July 23rd, when the shipping estimate was 3-5 weeks, and got it in the mail today. Has anyone else received their bumper yet?

2. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

I think it has a lot to do with where you live. I am on the east coast US and the original delivery date for mine was Sept 1st and I got an email the other day saying its on its way and will be here Aug 3rd. I ordered the morning the program went live.

3. rml4uk thread starter macrumors member

The "uk" in my username stands for University of Kentucky. I live in Lexington, KY. I also ordered the day the program went live. I received my shipping confirmation email on July 26th and it said my bumper would ship by August 2nd. I love it, by the way. No issues with it peeling off the edges of my bodyguardz screen and back protectors and the metal sleep/wake button and volume buttons are really nice.

4. Subjugator macrumors regular

I ordered mine the day the app went up. Got an email a few days later saying it would delivered by Aug 1. Received it 2 days ago. Ohio

5. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

Oh ok. I'd only seen threads about people in the UK getting their bumpers so far. (Although I'm probably out of date now...)

That's good that they're shipping. Wonder about the other free cases?

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Awesome. You're the 100th person to start a thread upon receipt of their free case. Only 2,999,900 more threads to go. :rolleyes:

7. yankintx macrumors 6502

Ordered on the same day and received mine today..

8. hoffmant macrumors member

Mine showed up today, too. I ordered it the morning the app went live.

I really like it so far. It replaced a Boxwave case that I actually liked, but I'm enjoying the bumper even more.

9. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Can we please stop creating new threads about "Ooh, my free case!". Its really annoying. ;)

10. rml4uk thread starter macrumors member

Man, some of the people on this site are huge d-bags... I'm sure no detail has ever slipped by you and you've never made a mistake in your life. Way to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet so you can act like a big man. It's pretty sad that you have to go to a consumer electronics forum and make fun of people so you can feel good about yourself.

On a lighter note, no dropped calls since I've had the bumper on. W00t!

11. Xombie11 macrumors regular

Way to blow something out of proportion... It's just an observation.

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Starting a thread on an internet forum is like yelling something out in a crowded room full of people. If you walk into a room and blurt out something before listening a bit to hear what others are already talking about, then you pay the consequences if you yell out something everyone already knows.

Today's youth have been pampered and coddled to the point that they're under the false impression that everything they do or say is special. It is not special, especially on a forum of thousands, discussing products owned by millions. Apple is shipping at least 500,000 bumpers, probably more. If you think you're the ONLY person to get your bumper today, and feel compelled to yell about it in a room full of people, you got what you had coming.

13. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

+1

14. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

[​IMG]

15. Tazg101 macrumors newbie

Mine came today after initial quote of 5 months!! Great case for free and
    Will keep till something better comes

16. parker770 macrumors member

Just got mine out of the mailbox too!!

That's one week on the dot from the day I ordered it from the app.

Considering all the bitching that was going on here about long delays, I am pretty damn impressed with that speed!

17. chanerz macrumors 6502a

got mine too! i have 3 bumpers now. 1 blue and 2 black all are free!!!

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I <3 you. :D

I must honor these wise words in my signature.

19. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

20. Sharkzilla macrumors newbie

"today's youth" Give me a break. And your analogy sucks. Its absolutely nothing like it. And if you are tired of these threads then stop reading them and then whining about it.

21. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

+1

However, it is probably not just today's youth. I think today's Apple product buyer feels a need to share. (Notice I did not say....) They just want a hug:rolleyes:

The fact that they could have ordered better protection for free but choose a dust collecting bumper says allot about the type of individual, thus another bumper post.

It would appear the truth hurts:D

22. agoat macrumors regular

I got my free bumper today. I think i am gonna throw it away.

23. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

I have to ask...why on earth did you get a 2nd black bumper instead of getting a more traditional free case? I love my black bumper and all, but :confused: