Free bumper for iPhone 4!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MaCamZa, Oct 27, 2010.

1. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

I just downloaded the app of the case program and ordered my free black apple bumper. I got the email saying it was confirmed and they havnt charged me anything. I did this today! I thought the free case program was over a while ago?!

Am I missing something?

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Got another i4 on Monday night, loaded up the free case app, and signed up for a black PixelSkin HD that same night.

Got my shipping confirmation yesterday.

They aren't advertising it....but the free case deal is still going on. If nothing else they must have some provisioned supply left that they are needing to unload.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

It depends on when you purchased the phone, but I've heard many people purchasing phones after the deadline and still ordering cases.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/case-program/

4. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Many recent purchasers of the iPhone 4 have successfully reported that the Case Program is still currently in effect past the Sept. 30 date, but none so far could successfully select the Apple Bumper, or the option does not show up in the Case Program app. Perhaps Apple is returning the Bumper to the selection, or a new stock of the Bumpers is in order for this option?

But in all seriousness...pics?

-C

5. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

the program is still ongoing but you can't get a bumper because Apple has decided to sell them in their retail stores

6. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

It was still an option for me when I pulled up the case program app two nights ago.

Now whether or not they would ship it is another story.

7. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Well, i do live in the UK (if that changes the situation). I basically, just downloaded the app just to see if i could still get a free case, and i just clicked one the apple black one, i think if i recall. Also, I am also a recent iPhone 4 buyer...

@ugahairydawgs I totally agree with you about the fact that if they ship, either way i won't make a huge fuss, as i don't really want one :D I have enuf' cases already :p

8. Charadis macrumors 6502a

That's interesting....I'm certain that if you can order it from the Case Program app, then it should ship.

Thanks, looks legit to me. ;)

Well, it appears the Case Program is continuing without any noted changes past the Sept. 30 date. I don't believe region should make any difference unless Apple makes any given notice for exception/s.

-C

9. NewYorkRanger macrumors regular

NewYorkRanger

False.

It was removed from the program after September 30th for a short time only, likely due to shortages and desire to get stock in stores, but was shortly re-added, around the 20th of October, and is still on there. I ordered one last week, was shipped, I get it tomorrow.

10. Matt.H macrumors member

I bought my iPhone 4 on Saturday (i'm in the UK). Downloaded the free case app, and selected a black bumper case, and it was delivered today!
    Very happy!

11. MaCamZa thread starter macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Just received another email confirming that the product has been shipped. May provide pics soon.

12. oxdtown macrumors member

i got a refurb the other day and loaded up the app for giggles but to my surprise they sent me yet another case

13. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

i bought a pixelskin hd off ebay brand new $14 shipped. just wish i found out about the app still working sooner. oh well $14 pixelskin hd isnt bad.

14. Cue macrumors regular

Same deal here.

Just got an iPhone 4 yesterday, thought to give the Case Program app a try. Bumper was right there, ordered it, got a confirmation with a 0 total, waiting to ship.

15. goddi macrumors member

case programm works in germany too

in germany you have to call apple care and they send you a bumper if you complain about reception
    mine arrived today - no charge

16. Lauting macrumors member

Just tried it now and can confirm i ordered a black bumper, so hopefully shall be arriving soon.

Thanks for the post.

:D