Free case and refund?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Colella16, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Colella16 macrumors newbie

So i already got my refund for my bumper, but now I'm wondering whats stopping me from downloading the app and getting another free case?

2. maxamo macrumors member

Done that too.
    Seemed to work haha:)

3. dangson macrumors newbie

Nothing. That's exactly what I did.

But it's not like you're beating the system somehow. You paid for your bumper so you got your money back. Now you can get a free case.

4. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

5. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

someone posted about paying cash and no receipt. went in and walked out with a gift card for $31. I might just do that, get a screen protector or another case?

6. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

i called my local store and they said no receipt no refund period. i just took that as no gift card either but i guess maybe i should call back

7. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

WOW I wonder how it feels to be soo dishonest?

8. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I couldn't agree more. These people are completely abusing the system. Two, and the other guy attempting for a third? Wow.

9. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

You are beating the system. You bought a bumper, got a refund and kept the bumper, and now you're placing an order for another free bumper?

And you wonder why we used to have Remote Controls in older generations of Macs and Upright Docks in the first generation iPhone, but no longer. They've already taken away the cleaning cloth and the SIM ejector tool, what's next?

10. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

11. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Not really sure what's going on here. I bought a bumper a couple of weeks ago with a credit card. I wasn't too concerned with the refund, so I never checked it out. Then today I saw the iPhone app to choose a case, so I picked one and got an order confirmation.

Then I saw the iphonebumper.apple.com link to check your refund status. The site said I had a refund issued yesterday, which according to my bank balance has not shown up.

I assume that by ordering the free case, my refund would be nullified, but Apple's site doesn't seem to indicate that.

Certainly I won't be getting a case in a month AND a bumper refund..?

Oddness.

*EDIT* I see others are reporting the same thing. What I hope doesn't happen is that they cancel my case order. Much rather have that than the refund.

12. Savor Suspended

Savor

Us early bumper purchasers feel so "special" now.

Money back and a free double dip.

If there is a loophole, why not right? It is not like we are the Octomom mooching thousands off the government. :p

Is it morally wrong? Yeah. But Steve Jobs and his company aren't saints either. Steve Jobs isn't about ethics. They buy out companies, patent every single thing, and pretend they invented it. Bottom line at the end of the day is money. Some of you Apple fanboys just mentioned $175M is chump change to Apple.

13. christyn macrumors 6502a

THIS.

I also got my refund this morning.... and can't believe how many threads we're going to use to converse about how to scam apple :rolleyes:

14. mattydodgy macrumors member

mattydodgy

I checked my account today and have received the full refund for the bumper case, then I went onto the iPhone 4 case program and asked for a clear case... It worked. Thanks Apple. Two cases for free!

15. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Nothing.

If you can get something free, do it!

16. Mac-Bimmer macrumors member

I have a question, lets say that I buy an iPhone 4 today and I decide to buy a blue bumper for it. Can I still get a refund then, lets say... if I apply for it in a week or so?

17. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You Can't "buy" bumper anymore, they were pulled out of the stores and they are priced a $0 and out of stock online.

If you get an iPhone today, or anytime from now and Sep 30, all you do is install the app and claim your case.

18. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

one case per your phone's serial number...I can imagine if they've given you a refund already based on your iTunes account they just won't ship the one you requested through the APP which is also linked to your itunes acccount..."what you do in the dark eventually come to light"

19. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I'm gonna snitch :p...you scammers are gonna delay people that only want one bumper from getting one

20. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

you don't have to have an itunes account to buy a bumper... are you high?

If you purchased a bumper cash, and don't have your receipt, they are giving you a gift card for the store... they have no way to know if you have one or not already.

It's being reported all over that when you do this they aren't asking for any type of ID or anything... I'm sure that will change over the next few days, hell even few hours... but not yet.

21. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

but that's the thing, if you paid for the bumper in cash, or didn't have the receipt emailed, they can't exactly put 2 and 2 together, hence free bumper PLUS free case. Think of it as an incentive for Apple to make sure they get their act together for iPhone 5.

22. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

well i called both apple stores near me and they said no receipt no gift card or refund.

23. RazorD macrumors 6502

You're actually pretty much entitled to both a refund and a free case.

If you read the terms of both the free case, and the refund - neither say they're exclusive, or that you can't order a free case if you've got a bumper refund - In fact, they're essentially two completely different promotions.

Can't see apple would cancel any orders here.