Free case program not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CZK, Nov 2, 2010.

1. CZK, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

Hi,

My iphone has never been activated. My serial number is showing a never activated iphone 4 32 gb on apple website.

I hacktivated my iphone via limera1n.

I installed the free case program via appstore via my iphone. When loading it, it says ''your iphone is not eligible to the free case program'' or something like this.

Anyone know whats going on ? Is this because of the unactivationg thing ? This is my theory because thats the only thing i do not have in common with all those who succesfully did it.

If you know something that i dont please post !
    ________
    Yamaha Wr250

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The free case program ended several weeks ago.

3. longdogs macrumors regular

4. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

If the program was working recently, it would only be because they were giving those who bought a phone on Sept. 30 30 days - which means the program would of stopped working for even the last eligible buyers almost a week ago, today.

And CZK, if you want help, your response to an unwelcome answer shouldn't be to laugh at the person giving you an answer. Otherwise, we will always think of you as this!

5. CZK, Nov 3, 2010

CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

That was not an unwelcome answer, this was a totally wrong answer. The free case program is still 100% working even for iphones 4 bought yesterday.
    ________
    Toyota department of fan operations specifications

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not sure what universe you're living in, but the free case program in its original incarnation is over. You can still get a free case if you are having demonstrable antenna issues and can show a genius or talk a customer service rep into sending you one over the phone.

This article explains it pretty well:

http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/13/apple-changes-free-iphone-4-case-program/

...and the app that legitimate free case requesters used is no longer distributed by Apple in the App Store, so a copy obtained via a jailbrake clearly won't work.

7. longdogs macrumors regular

I'll second the poster above - your attitude to people answering your question is not going to win you any friends here.

That's clearly not true, if it was working 100% you would have been able to use it.

When did you purchase your iPhone 4 ?

8. CZK, Nov 3, 2010

You bet ?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1026764

This is only an example, people from many forums besides here (http://forums.macrumors.com) made topics about this. Its even in comments on dev team blog.

I'm not able to use use for the reasons i post in the OP, not because it has ended. I was simply asking if i was right.

Please get educated and stop saying anything.
    ________
    HONDA CN250

9. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Your own experimental evidence disproves your posit. Your problem stems from either the case program being "over" or your own inability to navigate through the app to get your case.

10. CZK, Nov 3, 2010

The case program is not over, please check the topic link i posted and remember that GIYF.

Also, i clearly mentionned that my iphone is not ACTIVATED and does not appear as activated on apple website. This is the more plausible scenario i have came up with.

I am simply asking if someone successfully ordered his case with his iphone never been activated. ( mine has been HACKTIVATED via limera1n)

Example of a symptom of an never activated iphone 4: In settings , general and about , its written :
    Carrier: Not Available

is that enough clear ?

ps: there is no ability required to navigate the free case program app since there is a single button. This was a total useless argument... seriously.

Both of your arguments are not valid. Google about the case program still active if the topic i posted is not enough to convince you.
    ________
    Ford Fordor Picture

11. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

your 100% right i bought my iphone on Oct 15 put in my request on the 20th and have already received my free case

12. CZK, Nov 3, 2010

Thanks for confirming this sir.
    ________
    Subaru forester

13. CZK, Nov 4, 2010

So anyone who succesfully ordered his case with an never activated iphone 4 ?
    ________
    COROLLA E20