free case program shipping-help me please :)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by detroit1, Sep 6, 2010.

1. detroit1 macrumors regular

So i ordered my iphone 4 case- clear incase snap-and received a shipping comfirmation for it on the 28th. With it, came DHL tracking. it did show 2 different stops it had madewithin 24 hrs of me getting the tracking number. the next day, it just disappeared. It now says tracking info not available and the case is still not here. has ths happenned to anyone else? should I call apple? i tried to look at my account on apple.com and the order showed the same tracking number. ill post a screen shot of the dhl page if you want. thanks for reading :)

2. AppleCode macrumors regular

AppleCode

Could it be in transit?

3. detroit1 thread starter macrumors regular

its possible, but im worried because the tracking info doesnt show up for it. its wierd because it did show up for like 24 hrs then went down :/
    is it possible it got stolen?

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Same exact thing happened to me and my case showed up on Friday. I was able to track the package when I first got my tracking # but after that it would just show as not available. I wouldn't worry about it - their tracking just stinks. It'll probably show up tomorrow or Wednesday. Even if it doesn't show up by then and the thing is lost or whatever, it's not like Apple won't send you another one.

5. detroit1 thread starter macrumors regular

ok thanks a lot. ill give it a couple more days i guess

6. prezasti macrumors 6502

prezasti

The same thing happend to me, but whats strange is that my DHL package was being tracked from CA when it was originally in the DHL system, but the package that showed up came via USPS shipped from Carol Stream, IL.

I have no Idea how the shipping changed from shipping out of CA in the DHL tracking system and made two stops along the way to Shipping out of IL via USPS mail?:apple:

7. bluer101 macrumors regular

Mine was the same way, shipped and tracked with DHL and it was in my mailbox this morning USPS.:confused:

8. azpinoy macrumors member

my Pixelskin HD from the Case program was the same deal. received a DHL tracking #, with a delivery date of Sept 8th. however, the apple order status page said delivery by Sept 3rd (but does not say which shipping method). case showed up via USPS Sept 3rd, and DHL tracking status is now gone too. at one point i thought i was getting two cases lol

9. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

DHL Global Mail

The cases are shipping with DHL Global Mail. The way it works is DHL takes the case from City A to City B and then hands it off to the local post office (USPS in the United States) for final delivery. Try entering your tracking number into USPS tracking and you might get more recent status.

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You need to use THIS DHL site, not the DHL Express site. At some point it will say your case has been left with USPS. At that point you will need to track from the USPS site.

Just so you know DHL Global Mail is slower than sickened snails.