Free Case Programme

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ColdAsIce, Sep 15, 2010.

1. ColdAsIce macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I ordered my iPhone handset online over the phone.

Now i am aware that the free case programme is ending at the end of September what i wanted to know what? It's saying my iPhone is going to take 3 weeks to ship so in reality i will get it around 1st week of October!

Would that mean i won't be able to apply for the case as the 30th September deadline.

Apple don't seem to give clear clarification on this, if that is the case i may as well go to 02 and buy it from there as they have them in stock.

Any benefits me buying it directly from Apple?

2. coz707 macrumors member

it's free? everybody loves free things
    also you don't have to go to a shop...you can do it onlinle
    thats 'bout it

3. Pennyroyal macrumors member

4. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

One thing to note is that while the official "free case program" is coming to an end, Apple has stated that users who call AppleCare and report reception problems will still get a free bumper/case.

I don't know how this applies to UK costumers though, but I'm assuming it probably won't be any different.

You may give Apple a call to find out ahead of time to be sure though.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The Free Case Program is meant for people who are having issues with their antennas, if your phone hasn't even shipped, how do you know you need a case?

Now, once you actually get your phone and you're actually having issues and its past Sept 30th, you will need to go into an Apple Store or call Apple Care and prove to them that your having issues to qualify for a free bumper.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/case-program/