Free Find My iPhone in multiple iDevices?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eldiablojoe, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have two iDevices, an iPhone4 and an iPad. Both have updated firmware.

I've activated the new free Find My iPhone on my iPad. How do I activate it on my iPhone? Can I use the same Apple ID on two devices?

2. memphistiger7 macrumors newbie

As far as I know, yes. It's tied to your mobileme account so you should be able to activate it on both devices.

3. twelve56 macrumors member

Yes you can. I got the free version on my iphone 4, then added my girlfriends 3g with the same itunes account info and they both show up on mobileme.

4. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I have two iPhone4 and 1 iPhone 3GS. First I created a MobileMe account on the first iPhone4 (after downloading FindMyiPhone from the app store).

Then I setup the second iPhone4 and 3GS using the same MobileMe/Apple ID with no problems. Now they all show up when I use this feature. Looks to me like you can have an unlimited number of devices on a single account.

The beauty of this is, if you need to find your phone, find anyone with an iPhone and have them download the app (free), then type in your AppleID on their device, and it will show all YOUR devices' locations on your friends phone. Very cool!

Cosmo

5. 67 Goat macrumors newbie

Did you have to update the 3GS phone to 4.2? I have a 3G that I'd like to add, but I'm concerned that updating the software will slow it way down.