Free games compatible with mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by olliestockton, Apr 11, 2008.

1. olliestockton macrumors member

I want to download a couple of games for my new mac, so give me some suggestions, i love online games so anything like that, and be sure its free!

Thanks

2. kappaZADA macrumors newbie

try travian..fun turn-based game or Eve...very fun game but you have to buy a subscription...

3. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

It's not new or anything, but if you want to experience what made Bungie and the Halo franchise into what it is today, you can download the marathon trilogy from Bungie's site: http://source.bungie.org/get/

Each of the items in the top row is one of the games. Marathon is the first game, Marathon:Durandal is the second, and Marathon: Infinity is the third.
    From the second row, you need to of course download the Aleph One version for OS X.

You can follow the instructions that come with the downloads, but what you'll basically be doing is replacing the marathon applications with the new aleph one application. Aleph one will then access the marathon files (map data, weapon data, etc.) and allow you to play marathon on new systems.

You can also download the items in the third row (e.g. HiRes Textures and HiRes Landscapes) so that the extremely dated graphics look slightly less dated :)

You can also look at the games on sourceforge.net
    Wish I could help you more. What genre of games are you looking for?

I love games, but I'm really frugal, and I won't pay for a game unless it is REALLY, really good. I generally check reviews on several sites (like ign.com or http://www.insidemacgames.com/) and if it's getting really high marks across the board, like at least 80/100 on most sites, I'll give it a chance.

4. rekha macrumors newbie

hi friends,you can download Brick Break for Macintosh totally free,its very much intresting game,& you can download from shoecakegames.com/more-mac-games.php?id=64798&cat=12&name=BrickBreakforMacintosh
    you can also play that game online.

5. 1ncr3du10u5 macrumors member

You could so worse than giving Tremulous, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Armagetron a good try.

The first 2 are FPS's but with Tremulous you get to choose between human and alien species and build bases depending on the class you choose. The 3rd iis a game based on the lightcycle part of the Tron movie. Have fun!

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

7. M'thonGuy macrumors newbie

8. M'thonGuy macrumors newbie

Aleph one: Marathon

Hey, Ollie-

I concur with redsteven. I've been playing
    Marathon on and off for ~9-10 years, and
    love it.

The series (1,2,∞) is "Doom-like" but the
    story behind it is more interesting, and I
    think there's more strategy involved, too.

9. roacch macrumors newbie

www.warsow.com

Extremely fun fast-paced FPS based off the Quake 3 engine (I believe). You can play versus bots or online. It reminds me of CPMa in Quake 3.