Free "Guide to What's New in Tiger"

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Maria Langer's 59-page "Guide to What's New in Tiger", which previously cost $10, is now available free for download as a 2.6MB pdf file here.

Langer was the author of the Panther and Tiger Visual QuickStart Guides.

The Guide to What's New in Tiger is a short once-over of Tiger with these chapters:
1. Introduction
2. New Finder Features
3. Spotlight
4. Dashboard
5. Automater
6. Family Controls
7. .Mac Sync
8. Other Improvements​
Both newbies and longer-time Mac users might find some tips in the Tiger Guide. It's hard to beat the price - free.

This Guide includes an ad for, and discount offer for, her Tiger Visual QuickStart Guide. I saw others of her books recommended earlier this year in posts here and here.

For more information about Maria Langer's books, see her site.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Despite your wink, I'll mention that the Guide was designed for onscreen reading (as low as 800x600).

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Nice, downloading it now. Maybe I can learn something about Automator since I haven't used it yet.

louis_sx

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2005
International House of Louis
Well, actually, no I did print it out. I'm at work and I'm always printing SOMETHING so noone will notice. The way our copier works (and since this is landscaped), I can fit two pages on a side of a page, front and back, and have a nice semi-bound copy of this. The text is still quite readable at this setting. :D