Free Hosted Exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigdaddymac, Jan 13, 2009.

1. bigdaddymac macrumors regular

I currently have push email on my iPhone using a hosted ms exchange account. This hosted exchange account costs me about $10 a month. I'm trying to find a free host account for exchange. Is there anything out there? I've tried all kinds of work arounds with Mobile Me, GMail, but the push email doesn't work nearly as well as my hosted exchange account. I just hate paying $120 a year for it, when I only use it for push email (I don't use the calendar, contacts, etc. for syncing, as I do that through Mobile Me).

Anyway, what host accounts are you guys using for exchange? Is there anything out there that's free that would allow me to have true push email?

2. MKnight macrumors regular

MKnight

You do realize that hosting an exchange server is costly right? There is a lot of infrastructure and maintenance involved. Finding a free hosted exchange server would be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

I doubt anyone out there offers up free hosted exchange acccounts...

MobileMe push mail worked fine for me on my iPhone when I was using it.

3. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Use gmail? Free push email and with Google Apps ($50/year) you can even use your own domain.

4. goMac macrumors 603

I doubt this exists as Microsoft makes you pay yearly for each user on the server.

Use iCloud when it comes out. Free pushed mail. Problem solved.