Free idea for an entrepreneur

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Technodynamic, May 12, 2016.

1. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

Thought about this for years, taking notes in OneNote for college classes. Some things are impossible to jot down, rather a photo is ideal. Laptops only ever have a front facing camera and for note taking (for college, business meetings, etc) a rear facing camera would be best.

Hence this 'invention' that is purely mechanical, no electricity... a double mirror system that bolts on to the top of the laptop to allow the front facing camera to 'see' whats in front of you.

A small camera app would need to be made to be made to auto correct the vertical flip that would occur due to the dual mirror system.

The app could also allow import into OneNote and Word natively.

Every college kid would buy one as well as many business people. Myself included.

Please make it someone. front-facing-camera-concept.jpg

2. MacInTO macrumors 6502a

MacInTO

If you're sitting in a classroom, there would be someone in front of you and they would block the view to the front of the room. Plus you would have to zoom depending upon your distance from the screen. It would seem kind of ugly (imho) sitting on top of your Mac.

Why not use your phone or tablet (which will probably replace your Mac at some point)?

I use Office Lens from Microsoft (yes!). I use it to record my receipts, but it can be used for other documents.

https://blogs.office.com/2015/04/02/office-lens-comes-to-iphone-and-android/

3. Technodynamic thread starter macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

I use a phone currently, the extra steps are an annoyance. Lens is an improvement for sure, I'd just prefer the macbook have a camera on the rear, I wold rather lift the macbook a few inches to pop a picture than utilize a dual hardware solution.