Free iPad 3G Service in Spain

Discussion in 'iPad' started by poloponies, May 11, 2010.

1. poloponies macrumors 68030

2. iRabbit macrumors 6502

I've been saying it all along, I'd just be happy if AT&T would let me put the iPad on my current family plan at a reduced rate. Give me a microSIM to use on my iPad and bill me $10 more a month on my existing family plan -- where I'm already paying for TWO unlimited data plans -- and I'd be happy as a clam.

They SHOULD offer discounts for multiple devices, and there's no reason they COULDN'T give you a microSIM to use.

3. Vikz macrumors regular

Vikz

One word: profits!

You should see capitalism: a love story. Then you will understand why At&t acts the way it does

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm hoping that more smartphones in the future will have free or low cost hotspotting capability--like the deal Verizon is running with the palm pre plus right now. If they added that feature to a more popular phone--that alone would cause many iPhone users to defect including me. It would obviate the need to pay duplicate data charges to AT&T--what a rip off.

The upcoming Sprint EVO will have hotspotting, but it remains to be seen how much they will charge monthly to activate the feature.

5. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

That's an amazing deal - maybe I should go back to Spain :p. I wish O2 (being a subsidiary and all) had that deal.

6. jriihi macrumors newbie

I really should not tell you but 39e for 3 Mbit?? Thats expensive. I currently pay 13.9e/month for unlimited speed (15 Mbit/s)+unlimited data for phone+1 extra sim :) I know you really didnt want to read this.

7. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

If the 2.2 android update's wifi hotspot feature for the droid is free(which I think it is rumored to be), I may give up on getting an iphone for now and either upgrade to a new ipod touch or buy a wifi ipad.