Free iPad case at BestBuy

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by john3478, Apr 21, 2010.

1. john3478 macrumors member

According to tuaw

"Best Buy stores (a big box store here in the US) will be giving away those Sprint iPad cases that just happen to have a little pocket that's perfect for holding an Overdrive 3G/4G hotspot. Sprint expects to give away 10,000 cases before the promotion ends, so check to see if your local store has any."

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/04/21/sprint-giving-away-ipad-cases-at-select-best-buy-stores/

Did any body get one yet?

2. ballen420 macrumors 6502

It looks from the comments that they're only supposed to give them away if you buy the Sprint Overdrive. The only person that got one in the comments section said they had to put up a fuss, but was able to get one for a penny.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

The section of the Sprint website mentioning the deal was pretty clear about it being given with the Overdrive.

4. romantivist macrumors newbie

I would call some local best buys to check this out but I am sooo done calling best buys for the next few years....I gots my iPad. :)

5. jbouklas macrumors regular

6. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

Everyone is up in arms about this, but Sprint actually released two different cases. The cheap one, and then the good one. Stores in areas with heavy 4G networks already available are getting the better cases.

7. jbouklas macrumors regular

That's good news, maybe I'll check it out, it looks nice.