free iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macthismacthat, Aug 31, 2011.

1. macthismacthat macrumors member

macthismacthat

Hello guys, I know that this is little out there....but do u know any web site where they r giving away a free iPad:)
    Thanks in advance.

2. PaulWog Suspended

*sarcasm* Yes, just follow your way to apple.com/buyourproductsforzerodollars/ipad */sarcasm*

If we could just visit any website to get anything we want for free, then I'd be sitting on a massage chair made of gold, silk, and diamonds, and I'd be sipping gold-flaked diet dr. pepper out of an ancient Egyptian gold cup.

(That all aside, I see you may be looking for a contest rather than a dedicated website to handing out free stuff. ^_^)

There is no such dedicated site as what you are looking for. There are, however, websites which are dedicated to scamming you into doing work for them: They will promise a free Dell laptop, or a free iPod, or a free iPad, or something else which is desired by gullible teenagers who have far too much time on their hands, and a keyboard to play with. They will promise to you that if you do this, that, and another thing, you will be mailed your desired device. There are other sites which will require you to sign up for a text-based draw, where you end up spending $50+ per week or two until you get them to stop. There's lots of scams out there.

So, no, there aren't any websites out there dedicated to giving away free iPads. There are, however, sometimes companies which host draws or contests which can be found within certain websites, and iPads have been given away before. However, I am doubtful that you will be able to find an iPad draw going on right now: You might find draws for things like a graphics card, or a Razer mouse, or something else (those go on often through Facebook and the like). However, even those draws require you to sell out: You have to like the company's page through Facebook (allowing them to access all your personal information on Facebook), then they may require you to share as your status something like "I love ______*this company*_____", and they may even require you to also subscribe to them on YouTube, and Twitter. Things can get even uglier when their contests require you to post a picture of yourself with a sign saying something in order to win this contest.

You know what your very best option is to win an iPad? It's one of the two following things:
    1) Hoping you get it as a present!
    or
    2) Work and earn money. It'll actually be quicker working and earning money than hoping to win a contest some day.

3. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Unfortunately, most websites that promise free stuff are actually trying to scam you out of money, or have you give your information to them.

If I were you I would just save up enough money to buy a brand new one from the Apple Store. You'll feel a lot better about it.:D

4. wesrk macrumors 6502a

You can give me 30 Galleon and I will send you one. :D

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

If I knew, I would have used it myself :)

6. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

True, but didn't you already know the answer before you asked? I mean it was sort of like asking what type of tree can you plant in your backyard to grow money. :D