Free iPhone headphone adapter?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dakooga, Sep 24, 2007.

1. dakooga macrumors newbie

Great forum! Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for iphone bargains (is there one?)

I came across this Gizmodo post related to the obvious deficiency in the iPhone headphone socket and Helium's Free adapter offer. I got there too late to take advantage of it sadly. A number of posts talk about other cheaper sources but ever the bargain hunter I still wanted my adapter free.

Well it turns out a shop called iPhoniacs is doing a similar offer to get a free adapter as long as you buy something else (lets face it, who doesn't need an iPhone case after all).

One of the guys on another forum says you gotta add this iphone headphone adapter to your cart along with one other accessory and then use IPHONIACS on the Billing Info page during checkout. The adapter becomes free!

I just tried it and it works. Their adapter looks ok, though I'd prefer it white. I'll let you know when it arrives...

~Kooga

2. iphonerista macrumors newbie

Wow! Thanks for the tip Kooga. I've only been registered for 5 minutes and already finding some great iphone deals - makes my day :)

3. dakooga thread starter macrumors newbie

Quick update.

Got mine yesterday. Works fine, it's non-flexible but i knew that already. The nice thing is that it's not too long, unlike a few others out that there.

It's black and given the iphone's color scheme blends quite nicely...

I ordered it together with a Marware sleeve case.

The flat rate shipping is handy.

~ Kooga

4. doobi18 macrumors 6502

Sennheiser CX300

does anyone know if the Sennheiser CX300 earbuds would fit or need the adapter?

5. iphonerista macrumors newbie

I checked and the CX300 definitely need the adapter...

Another thing is that I ordered some more accessories in that iPhoniacs store and now they're automatically adding a free iPhone headphone adapter in your cart with any order over $9.95 - pretty cool!