Free iPhone? This has gotta be bogus... right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ebbandflow, Jul 3, 2008.

1. ebbandflow macrumors newbie

2. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

Those websites make you sign up for offers which will cost you thousands in the future.(Been there done that.)

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

It's very rare that you get anything for nothing in this world.

4. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

well for a start theres no mention of the iphone 3g, the picture is of the 1st gen iphone, the first pic by the look of it, not even the itunes store icon.

forget it, i would:rolleyes:

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

My guess is you will be given a web address you can find by simply plugging in Free iPhone 3g into Google.

there are always people willing to pay for info you can get free.

6. ebbandflow thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick responses. I figured it probably had a catch. I wouldn't mind a first generation iPhone if it was free. But I'm not a fan of signing up for offers that would cost me lots in the future.

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Wow, that's a scam on a scam! You can find those websites yourself with Google, no need to pay a guy for them. Then the actual site is one where you either have to get a ton of other people to sign up for spam to get your free prize, or you have to go to a lot of hassle trying out different services, buying little things, waiting, and sending emails and stuff to get your "free" thing (in the end that option costs around $75)

8. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

It will only cost you a lot if you forget to cancel them before the trial period ends. Otherwise it barely costs you anything.

9. yode macrumors 6502

"If you want to own the hottest selling cell phone in the industry right now then all you have to do is BUT IT NOW."

I lol'd.