Free iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pathfinder55, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

So I stumbled upon this site today www.yourfreeiphone.com and I just wanted to know... Is it a scam? Has anyone here done it? Does it really work? Cause I know there has to be a catch because people just dont go around handing out free iPhones.

2. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

You're joking right?
    BTW: you know that email you got that said your bank account is getting deactivated if you don't verify your information? Better get on it first before you go claim your free iPhone.

3. Bigsam411 macrumors member

Those sites do work, but IMO they are not worth it. They require you to sign up for numerous online websites and stores and spend some cash. By the time you get your free iPhone you will have spent close to a quarter to half the price of the phone and you will have to cancel subscription to everything you signed up for. Afterwards your email will be full of spam.

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Yeah, it is/isn't a scam. I know there are some sites that truly do follow through with their promise but only after they harvest your personal information and make you signup for 15 other offers. Either way, don't do it. You're better off just saving up and buying an iPhone straight from Apple.

5. klex macrumors regular

I'm writing from my free iPhone right now so I know it works. However I used a different site that no longer has iPhones, so I can't say anything about the site you asked about.