Free iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaGreat01, Jul 9, 2009.

1. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Has anyone on here ever gotten a free iphone from those free iphone giveaway sites or know anyone that has?

I just think its really stupid and am wondering if they really do give you one if you do it right.
    :p

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They're all spam.

Not to say you can't win one from a radio station. That'd be ignoring my roots.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

4. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

You may have a better chance of winning one at those games on the boardwalk . :)

5. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

i'd call that a bit of an assumption.

6. frunze macrumors member

Not an iPhone - but in a professional capacity, I've given away an iTouch or two at trade shows or sweepstakes.

7. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

[sarcasm]I can't wait to read all the "iTouch" police comments.[/sarcasm]

8. frunze macrumors member

Yeah? Sorry, newbie here. :) :eek:

9. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

It is technically called the iPod Touch or just Touch. However, everyone knows what iTouch means. There are just a bunch of... people on here who salivate whenever someone calls it that.

As for the OPs question, some promotions are legitimate (like the ones where you have to participate in a bunch of offers) but next to impossible to actually complete.

10. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Lol i was looking at that just now haha. And you have to refer like a whole bunch of people that dont care much to get you a free iphone lol. Oh well, good thing i already have one:p

11. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

funny you ask that question! i actually entered into this contest a few months back promoting an online college and they were giving away an iphone 3G. Not thinking i would win i filled out there survey and that was that. A couple of days ago i got an email from one of the people who work with the online school saying i won the contest. ha i had completely forgotten about it! anyways they said they were not sending me an iphone but they were sending me a gift card that was the amount of an iPhone. I already have an iPhone 3G so i hope it comes in the form of a visa gift card ha but anyways i thought that was awesome and yes some can be legit

12. alansaysstop macrumors regular

i know people who got 5th Gen. iPods that way. T-Mobile sidekicks too. I even helped a couple of them. Most of the stuff is free if you cancel before the "free trial" time is up. I never bothered to try with it, I just buy stuff. It's a lot easier that way.

13. strike1555 macrumors 6502

It's not a scam actually if you know the right sites. Back a few years ago I was interested in it. I got the following:

$600 Check
    $500 Best Buy gift card
    iPod Touch

I got the check and touch within 3 months from start to finish but the BB gift card took a full year to get to me. Regardless, I still got it:D

I probably spent no more than $30 doing all the offers and got some great other freebies (some game and movie rentals, coffee machines, books).

14. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

it has now been proven to be an inaccurate assumption.

lesson learned: Don't assume, only state the Facts, of which were clearly lacking in prior assumption.

15. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

It wasn't, however, FREE. Yes only $30 OOP, but my TIME is invaluable.

16. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

I've gotten a free iphone, but it was from a family member who upgraded to 3GS :p

17. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

There are many legit sources, but for every legit site it's probably 100 fake ones.

Back when the video ipods first came out I remember some site where somebody I knew won one of them. I've never personally won or tried .

18. allymac macrumors member

I'm getting a free iPhone.

Nah not really, well I am but only because work are buying it :D

19. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

i honestly think if you go out and really spend a good amount of time looking you will find a legit contest

20. flurffmeister macrumors member

KILL IT WITH FIREEEEE!

21. stu212 macrumors member

that is the best quote ever i just had to tweet it.