Free Ipod and historical perspective

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Skydiver32, May 22, 2009.

1. Skydiver32 macrumors member

I'm inpatiently waiting until WWDC to buy my first UMB (Hopefully June 8th or 9th).
    1)Historically, when does the free ipod offer become available? Most people say in the summer, some say June, others July. Any incite?

2) If a new iphone is released at WWDC, Apple stores will be mobbed for weeks. If you are not buying an Iphone, can you usually circumvent the long lines, or will I be forced to buy online? (I would much rather go in a store and come out with my new toy :D)

3) Assuming there are no major changes to UMB's other than speed/memory bumps, when shoud we expect the new models (or the current models at a reduced cost) to be available? On the 06/08.... Pleeease?

2. glitch44 macrumors 65816

1) Most likely June. (Previously it was 1st week of June)

2) It will most likely be announced at WWDC, not available until July. There will be long lines/ delays wherever you try to buy it.

3) It depends how big the update. Most likely WWDC will only be iphone/ snow leopard news. They may do a silent update a week or two later.

3. Germwise macrumors regular

I am waiting as well.

I'm FREAKING OUT is more like it :)

WWDC is the only thing thats making me wait.... Well maybe I'm also affected by the fact that I don't really have 1700 in the bank... but its mostly WWDC.

honestly, If I spent as much time on my research (biochemist) as I do looking at this site, I would have cured heart disease or something.

I think that since the mb's have been out for a while with the same chipset that has gone down in price, we'll see a compensatory speed bump. While this may not be significant it will send the current stock into "clearance" with a few deals to be had together with the back to school sale.

4. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

If there is a updated macbook after WWDC it may be in store before the iphone is due out, just like when they first released the UMB. If it is during or after the iphone release you can just walk up to the front door and go in and buy it you do not have to stand in line :). As for the free ipod it should June/July I think it's a Back-to-School incentive, I know right now they are giving away a printer, just brought Hubby a UMB (so he can stop using mine.)

5. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I dont think the lines will be as long this time for the iPhone because the $199/$299 pricing has been in effect all year. If you wanted an iPhone I think most people would have purchased one already. Of course the people who use this board are the die-hards :)