Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bartoszbr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
If I buy the macbook and get a free ipod at a retail store and then for any reason decide to return the unopened laptop during the 14 day period, would I still receive the check for the ipod?

NotFound

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2006
Probably not, if that were the case Apple would be, practically, giving you an iPod for no reason by not making any type of real profit from you buying a macbook if you are just going to sell it back to them...

bartoszbr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
I am going to buy a macbook anyway.
but at a later date, afte the promotion is over, unfortunately.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
It clearly says in the terms and conditions PDF "If you return a product
required for promotion redemption and do not exchange it for another qualifying product required for redemption, you will not be eligible for a rebate."

Is it really too difficult to read the terms and conditions?

illidian

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
You may be able to get away with it - I've read that some people have gotten their checks in less than the fourteen days - and Apple may decide to not prosecute you. But then again, Apple could and very well may prosecute you for fraud.

It's illegal.

feelthefire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2006
You also have to submit a piece of the box with the rebate, so you won't be able to return a box that is damaged, or, if you submit the rebate electronically, that has been entered into the computer. Your reciept is flagged and they won't accept the computer back without the iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.