Free ipod deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RM48, Apr 12, 2008.

1. RM48 macrumors newbie

I keep hearing of a well known free ipod deal that apple does in the summer. What exactly is this deal and how long have they been doing it? Is it expected to happen again this summer? Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's the "Get rid of the old models by giving them to higher education students at a discount so that we have more room in our warehouses for the new models we're releasing a week later" sale! It will probably happen again starting in July.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

It's for students. You get $150 towards an iPod when you buy a computer. It usually runs mid June/July till early September. Yes, it's expected to happen again this summer. It's been going on for many years. I don't have an exact number, but it has happened at least the last 4 years when I've been in college.

4. RM48 thread starter macrumors newbie

So with the expected release of the new Macbook and Macbook Pro this June, it would include those? Meaning, buy the new Macbook pro and get the deal? Seems like a good deal.

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Yes.

6. RM48 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, cool. Seems like a great deal. June should be a great month! Iphone, Macbook, Macbook pro, and this great deal. Sweet.

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Maybe July, but yeah, you should wait.

8. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

just wanted to chime in, discounts actually 199

9. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Ah, thanks. Been a couple years since I've actually utilized it.

10. chinatownracer macrumors newbie

what would the updates for the macbook pro be? and when would they update them? i have to buy a laptop by early june and i was wondering if i should wait right before i leave overseas or buy now.

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i wonder if you could use it this year towards a 3g iphone thats going to be released at WWDC... new mac book pro and new 3g iphone...sweet!

12. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

iPod's only I believe, not iPhone. Also, usually not compatible with new WWDC releases.

13. Browndog221 macrumors newbie

Does the deal work when you buy a refurbished Mac?

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It only works with new computer purchases at the Apple Store online/retail.

You basically get a $100 rebate for a printer and a $200 rebates towards an iPod. You can get the Nano for free after rebates; you can still get a Classic, Touch if you want, but you will still only get $200 rebate; and no you can't just get a shuffle or no iPod (well you could, but you won't get the $200 rebate).

If you can get Apple to claim their iPhone is an iPod rather than a phone, then you can get the rebate; but then Apple will have a hard time explaining what the Touch is.

15. jcandrada macrumors member

So you could combine the students discount, a $200 rebate on an iPod and a $100 rebate on a printer?? is it possible to combine the 3 of them?

16. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That's what the promotion is; you get a student discount, a free iPod, and a free printere, all back for school!

17. DCSMAC macrumors member

is the offer valid for the clearance models (not refurbished)?

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Only new computers available on the store front.

To make it easier; if you will be able to get discount on computers you can select from this page: http://www.apple.com/mac/ and select Buy Now.

Same with the Apple retail store; if you can see the store model and then say I want that, it's eligible.

19. nintapple macrumors member

does the ipod discount work if i choose an ipod shuffle and ipod nano with a combined price of $200?

20. StuBeck macrumors 6502

No, it doesn't include the shuffle. Last year the deal was for $150 because of the price drop of the nano.

21. kwfl macrumors 6502

This is the same as buying an extra ipod shuffle form what i remember. All they offer is the price of the nano, if you buy anything more expensive you will have to pay the difference. That what i remember when i bought my MBP last september.