free iPod deal

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smharm13, May 2, 2010.

1. smharm13 macrumors newbie

Just a real quick question. I'm new to macs but I remember something about free iPod when you buy a laptop. I was curious if that happens every summer or if that was just a special deal, and if so when does that usally accure. Thanks for helping a mac newb :)

2. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

They've done this for a while now, as their back-to-school promotion. It's only free in that you get reimbursed for it.

3. smharm13 thread starter macrumors newbie

So is there any benifit to waiting till then and selling the iPod on eBay to make up some cash or no?

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

You can sell it on ebay but don't except to get top dollar (anywhere near retail) for it. The surplus of iPods on the market at the time will depress the prices, and the buyer will have to be offered a lower price to compensate for the additional risk of buying from ebay or an otherwise unauthorized vendor. I always laugh when I see listings that specifically mention the back to school deal and yet their prices are like 5-10 dollars lower than retail IF that, without shipping.

Course you can alleviate such nonsense by getting yours early and pricing it to move :D

5. smharm13 thread starter macrumors newbie