Free iPod for already purchased computers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alphaod, Jun 3, 2008.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Hey I just came from the Apple Store today; if someone you have read, my computer was warping and I got a replacement 2 days ago.

Well any case I wanted to tell everyone that if you bought a computer before today with a student discount and you are still within your return/exchange period, you can go back to the store and buy an iPod nano/touch and still get the rebate on it!

Just bring your receipt, show them that you bought the computer recently and it's still within the return/exchange period and they will allow you to buy an iPod nano/touch and you can apply for the rebate.

This should answer your question on if you can get a free iPod if you bought/order a new computer recently!

Cheers!

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

If it was me I would get it in writing from the store as beacuse the T&Cs state

and

3. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes how it works is they buy back the computer and resell you the same computer so it's on the same receipt. ;)

So the receipt will also say the new purchase date.

So technically if you bought a computer yesterday, and you want a 4 weeks exchange you go in 2 weeks for the iPod and then your exchange gets extended for 2 weeks... in case new computer comes out after June 22nd.

4. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I just called the Apple to find out and the lady said that as long as i bought my computer in the last 14 days, I am qualified for the promotion/.

Too bad for me. I bought it right after the new Penryns came out :(

5. farmerku macrumors regular

farmerku

couple questions though I'm not sure if you all can answer...

First- I bought my computer from Best Buy 13 days ago today though I used my educational discount... does this mean if I go buy an ipod touch tomorrow I am able to receive a rebate in the mail?

Second- does anyone know how long it takes for apple to send you the rebate check?

I don't really think I need the touch but if I am eligible and it is only a matter of a few weeks to wait for the rebate then its not a bad deal!

6. shinchook macrumors regular

shinchook

I got my rebate from apple pretty quick last time they ran something like this.

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

How would you get a student discount at Best Buy, I don't think that's possible.

8. jeffrossb macrumors newbie

I had purchased my mbp online about 10 days ago, as I needed it for grad school starting early this month. When I called Apple and explained the situation, the phone rep simply added an ipod touch to my previous order. Now all I have to do is send in the rebate.

This should work for anybody who ordered a computer through the online store within 14 days of the promotion.

9. farmerku macrumors regular

farmerku

well I asked for the manager and told him I was going to take my business elsewhere... he gave in immediately :cool:

10. mchoi32 macrumors newbie

If you bought your mac at an apple retailer before May 20th, you are still qualified for the promotion.

I am not sure how close to May 20 you had to have bought it but I bought mine on the 17th and they gave me the promotion.

I bought my mac from an apple store. And I believe it still works!

11. beautyfades macrumors newbie

I got mine on the 19th- I hope it works! When I found out about the deal this week, I was super bummed. I would've waited if I knew.

I'm going to go in tomorrow... let's hope it works.