Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmdMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Alaska
I remember in the past always seeing apple give out free ipods with the purchase of a mb/mbp/imac, however has this only been in the past or will apple try this promotion again? Also, is there a certain time of year that they typically do these type of promotions?
I'm asking becasue I am holding out for new processors to hit, but am in no hurry and would like to finally get a new ipod as I am still using my 1st generation nano.

jawa12083

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch 2G 8GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Perfect. I can't get my MacBook pro until late June =D

vong

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
ah man, cant wait for back to school. already got an itouch, once i buy my macbook pro and get the itouch, do the rebate get my $ bak. going to craig'slist the new itouch lol.

oldgeezers940

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
ah man, cant wait for back to school. already got an itouch, once i buy my macbook pro and get the itouch, do the rebate get my $ bak. going to craig'slist the new itouch lol.

Hearing the word "iTouch" is about as painful as nails on a chalk board...

That aside, this year better be worth it. Waiting until June will be almost unbearable after the MBP refresh occurs.

Law213

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2010
Hearing the word "iTouch" is about as painful as nails on a chalk board...

That aside, this year better be worth it. Waiting until June will be almost unbearable after the MBP refresh occurs.

You can 'hear' the words when people post? Or did you read it out loud? And if you did read it aloud, why? So confusing....;):confused:

oldgeezers940

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
You can 'hear' the words when people post? Or did you read it out loud? And if you did read it aloud, why? So confusing....;):confused:

mmm... Well maybe I didn't actually "hear" him use the word. I do hear the word quite often in the real world though, and it is always painful.

Waldszenen

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
Sydney
They're currently doing the free iPod promotion on the Australian website, being the start of the academic year, and it's until the end of March.

If they haven't refreshed the MBP line by the time the promotion ends, I wonder if I should wait for the refresh, or just get the iPod Touch :D

Law213

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2010
mmm... Well maybe I didn't actually "hear" him use the word. I do hear the word quite often in the real world though, and it is always painful.

Yeah, I hear you. Just getting rattled without the "waiting for Arrandale" thread to keep me company.

(BTW: see what I did just then? "I hear you"? Good stuff huh?)

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007

Yah , everybody and their mom does that. I did it the last two times with both my machines and every time the eBay prices get depressed. It was funny seeing people list their iPods with no UPC @ near retail price lol.

carlosliu

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
Apple New Zealand is running this iPod touch promotion right now. I will buy a 13' MBP + iPod touch, if new MBP doesn't come out in next two weeks. :eek:

vong

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
Yah , everybody and their mom does that. I did it the last two times with both my machines and every time the eBay prices get depressed. It was funny seeing people list their iPods with no UPC @ near retail price lol.

i dont blame them haha, its an awesome way to save more $ :D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.