free iPod touch 2.0 if I buy tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by uGOofBLUEm, Jul 10, 2008.

1. uGOofBLUEm macrumors newbie

I am going to the Apple Store tomorrow to help my sister buy a macbook for college (I know I'm crazy for going on the iPhone launch day!). My question is this: If she gets the free (after rebate) iPod touch, what are the chances that she will/can get the 2.0 software without forking over the extra $10?

2. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

I think only Apple knows the answer to this right now. That, or someone who buys one tomorrow. If you find out, please let us know, thanks!

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Based upon previous protocol, you should be eligible for a rebate covering the cost of the upgrade.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I will give it a few days for all the stock to update to 2.0..
    You dont have a big chance of getting a 2.0 fw on a ipod tomorrow.

5. uGOofBLUEm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. I have to imagine there would be some sort of rebate program for people who buy off the older stock. I guess we'll find out this afternoon!

6. uGOofBLUEm thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, just got back from the Apple Store in Troy, MI...what a zoo! Lucky me I was able to bypass the line to buy the computer, printer, and iPod! Anyways, because they were so busy I didn't want to press the issue, but I was told I'd need to pay the fee to upgrade, even though it was released this morning. I think a simple call to Apple Customer Support would resolve this. I'll update after I talk to Apple.