Free ipod with updated models?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by epiccreations, Jun 12, 2008.

1. epiccreations macrumors newbie

I have been reading though a few threads on this page trying to decided if I should wait a bit to buy my new MBP or just get it now. The free ipod is important to me and it isn't clear to me whether updated models are eligible for the student promo. Does anyone know what Apple has done in the past? I'll buy the computer tomorrow if I know thats the only way I'm getting the ipod but part of me wants to see what happens in July...

bump. I want to buy tomorrow depending on the answer...

2. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

In the past, if a new iPod comes out, then Apple will only apply the discount to the older models. The new iPods probably won't be coming out until after the promotion ends, though.

3. epiccreations thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess my question wasn't that clear.. I'm not worried about an ipod update. I was wondering, if they update the MBP before september 15, will the new MBP still be eligible for the free ipod? I don't want to wait only to find out that the offer only applies to the current MBP.

4. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

If they release a new MacBook Pro sometime before Sep. 15 then they will definitely be eligible, since the TAC of the offer states that you can't apply the offer to refurbs, and that would be the only way to get the MacBook Pros. So yes, it would apply to new MacBook Pros.

5. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

I hope apple does update the MBP and MB before the promo ends since I want an aluminium macbook (if we ever get one) and nano.

Why couldn't they include the iphone 3G in the update :(