Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
BlizzardBomb said:
Can't you just change store and download from the US store? But how did you get the Zip code to work in the UK?

Entered a US zip code.

Apparently you need a US account to redeem a US code. Makes sense I suppose.

Is it possible to 'gift' someone song credit between the US/UK stores?

BrianSalts

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
nesbitt_a said:
Entered a US zip code.

Apparently you need a US account to redeem a US code. Makes sense I suppose.

Is it possible to 'gift' someone song credit between the US/UK stores?

Nope, already tried it.

BrianSalts

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
WPM76A3KT7ML
M6WJ6H3YFM6L
NAHNPLEHTELR
JX6ATLX6Y9TA
4497NYWXNKFJ
9NLXAWWPNH3P
WHFMWXM6YWP6
MFLREMETENFL
P9TXAHHWRAHR
JKJFPPNTH7KA

First come first serve

KKKL

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Amoy
BlizzardBomb said:
Can't you just change store and download from the US store? But how did you get the Zip code to work in the UK?
just google uk address, and you will get a lot

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
MagicWok said:
Man!!!!

I'm in the UK so it doesn't work for me!
It does. All you have to do is click on the redeem voucher tab on the US store. It will ask you for your account details or to create a new account. Choose new account, enter a US address, and choose none for payment options. This means that you can only "buy" free songs but it works.

UberMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2005
England
MagicWok said:
Man!!!!

I'm in the UK so it doesn't work for me!

Come on people! I'm in the UK too...and I have 276 codes in my Gmail inbox right now ready to redeem. It's simple:

1. Enter ITMS
2. Change to US Store
3. Click "Redeem"
4. Enter Code
5. It'll ask you to enter user info or create account
6. Create account
7. Enter details ie. (Name: UberMac, Address: The House, Town: Boston, State: MA, Zip 02101 <-- Google is your friend)
8. Complete Registration (you don't need to enter a CreditCard)
9. Get Free Songs!

EDIT: LMAO Nickygoat. nice sig :D
EDIT2: Somebody should write a script for the Gmail thing...mmmmm automated free songs! :D

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
Ive a question about making a second iTMS account.

Ive got a UK account, seeing as im from the UK, what would happen if i made a US account?

To listen to the music "purchased or redeemed" on this second account, that means i can only listen to it when logged in on that account yes?

and if i connected my iPod, on my main account, that music downloaded using my US Account, wouldnt play/transfer to my iPod??

Just dont fancy making a second account, if I cant listen to music from both accounts without swapping and changing all the time.

too much hassle

UberMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2005
England
StokeLee said:
Ive a question about making a second iTMS account.

Ive got a UK account, seeing as im from the UK, what would happen if i made a US account?

To listen to the music "purchased or redeemed" on this second account, that means i can only listen to it when logged in on that account yes?

and if i connected my iPod, on my main account, that music downloaded using my US Account, wouldnt play/transfer to my iPod??

Just dont fancy making a second account, if I cant listen to music from both accounts without swapping and changing all the time.

too much hassle

But that's the beauty of it. You don't need to switch stores/accounts to listen music bought from another account!

I am listening to Jack Johnson bought from the US store with these codes right now and *click* now I'm listening to one of his other albums which I bought from the UK store last month!

EDIT: (Obviously) You need to use a different email address for the US store to the UK store

ScottB

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2005
Britain
nesbitt_a said:
Grr.. anyone know how to transfer a US code to the UK store?
Well I'm in UK, so it don't work :(
Here's my one code if any1 wants it (for US store) XAN7LNATEYMR
Edit: Um... ok

gallagb

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
IN
200+ codes?

you really have that much time to do this?
holy smack!

i got one & i'm happy w/ it :)
but then- 99% of my music i've got off CD's- not off iTMs

more power to you folks :)

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
WTF: All the ones they give me say they're already used...god darn it.

Sam*

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
UK
ITASOR said:
WTF: All the ones they give me say they're already used...god darn it.

i had that with a few but a majority of mine worked:D

john159

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2005
is there any legal issues with this, it says limit one per person? just wondering

sen123

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2006
ny
Can anybody help me?

Does anyone here feel like telling me how to do it on aol (if I only have one email address) because I would really love getting free iTunes. Thanks! ;)

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
ive been using dodgeit.com but thats not working anymore for the ones ive got, i got a handful, but i'll get some more later :)

Also ive noticed switching between browsers has worked for me because i don't know it keeps sending codes that have been used already after a while. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.