Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Craftybanana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
I've noticed recently that the new iMac's come with a magic mouse and bluetooth keyboard as standard now. What are the odds of this happening with the next Mini?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Would be cool, but I agree w/ Jaffa Cake -- the mini's designed for switchers that already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
I've noticed recently that the new iMac's come with a magic mouse and bluetooth keyboard as standard now. What are the odds of this happening with the next Mini?

iMacs have always come with a mouse and keyboard. This is not new.
The Mini has never come with a mouse and keyboard in the past, and you can be assured that even if Apple does start including them in future Minis, they will not be "free".

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Absolutely will not happen because it will expand the size of the box too much.

Also, the lack of keyboard/mouse/monitor is what forces a lot of upsale to the iMac 21". If you leave the monitor as the only missing component you would definately see a rise in mini sales at the expense of the iMacs (customers see savings over performance difference). As a former mac salesman, I found it quite easy to upsell from a mini to iMac (unless their needs specifically made more sense for the mini).

obsidian1200

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
Absolutely will not happen because it will expand the size of the box too much.

I was originally going to say that XD Apple really does like the small box for the slightly smaller mini.

I kind of wish that Apple would at least allow for student pricing on the keyboard and mouse if purchased with a mac mini... but that's still probably too much to ask for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.