Free Keyboard and mouse in next mini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Craftybanana, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Craftybanana macrumors newbie

I've noticed recently that the new iMac's come with a magic mouse and bluetooth keyboard as standard now. What are the odds of this happening with the next Mini?

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'd say the chances are very slim. Apple has always sold the mini sans keyboard and mouse, targeting it at 'switchers' who would already have them from their old PC.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Would be cool, but I agree w/ Jaffa Cake -- the mini's designed for switchers that already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

iMacs have always come with a mouse and keyboard. This is not new.
    The Mini has never come with a mouse and keyboard in the past, and you can be assured that even if Apple does start including them in future Minis, they will not be "free".

5. MattyO macrumors regular

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Hasn't happened before. Not gonna start happening in the future.

7. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Absolutely will not happen because it will expand the size of the box too much.

Also, the lack of keyboard/mouse/monitor is what forces a lot of upsale to the iMac 21". If you leave the monitor as the only missing component you would definately see a rise in mini sales at the expense of the iMacs (customers see savings over performance difference). As a former mac salesman, I found it quite easy to upsell from a mini to iMac (unless their needs specifically made more sense for the mini).

8. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

I was originally going to say that XD Apple really does like the small box for the slightly smaller mini.

I kind of wish that Apple would at least allow for student pricing on the keyboard and mouse if purchased with a mac mini... but that's still probably too much to ask for.

9. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502