Free lightweight MP3/FLAC player?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by j.quintana, Nov 28, 2015.

1. j.quintana macrumors member

I am new to OS X and since I have used Winamp for 16 years which didn't offer any frills (I used a version from 1999 until recently) I am now searching for a free lightweight music player that can play MP3 (FLAC would be a nice bonus) and is not overloaded with lots of features I never want to use.

I would like to just drag and drop single files or folders into the player. I don't want to use a library. The VLC player comes close but I got two problems with it:

1. When I close VLC player my playlist is gone. I want the app to remember my last playlist (without having to save it to a file).

2. When I randomly play the MP3s in the playlist, it doesn't jump to the current title. In order to find it I have to manually scroll around in the playlist and see which track is highlighted.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a solution for these two problems in the settings of VLC.

So what could be alternative apps for me?

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

3. IgorM macrumors newbie

IgorM

Hi. You can try FLAP player. It's free and supports many audio formats flac, mp3, aac, m4a, wav, aiff, m4r.