[FREE] Liveguide, the TV-guide for livestreams!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Liveguide, May 28, 2014.

1. Liveguide macrumors newbie

Liveguide

Liveguide is a service dedicated to making sure you never miss a second of what you love. Started as a school project by Swedish Hyper Island students almost a year ago, Liveguide has now become a startup with its first app released just a few days ago. Available on iTunes App Store here.

We call Liveguide the next generation TV-guide. It lets you browse the livestreaming world the same way you would browse your TV-guide, and notifies you when your favorite broadcasters go live. Check it out on http://liveguide.info/

What we want to know now is; Do you love it? Do you hate it? Why? Any thoughts, feedback and questions are really appreciated!

Please try it out and let us know what you thought!

2. Liveguide thread starter macrumors newbie

Liveguide

3. Liveguide thread starter macrumors newbie

Liveguide

4. Liveguide thread starter macrumors newbie

Liveguide

5. bluespider, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014

bluespider macrumors 6502

bluespider

ok, I'll bite... checking it out now.

Ok, tried searching from ipad had to look in iphone only...

Looks like has major streams which is a plus Ustream/Justin.tv/others
    No link to any major networks like sky or fox or cnn
    Breaks out in categories which is nice but no feature to sort by language or country what if i want to see english only streams.
    Does not include other streaming options such at Yido which would make this an ALL IN ONE app... should include amazon/hulu plus/netflix/crackle/etc...

Nice app but still looking for an all in one net tv guide :)

Keep up good work though, very nice interface; suggest making ipad compliant as well as that is really what I think most folks would use if watching streaming content... just my opinion :)

... and yes I know this was posted in the iphone apps section ;)

6. Liveguide thread starter macrumors newbie

Liveguide

Hey bluespider thanks for checking us out. That's correct we're iPhone only right now, next up will be iPad by popular demand and after that Web. Android is also planned for the future.

We're currently supplying Youtube Live, Justin.tv, Ustream, Dailymotion and Twitch.tv. More services are in the works and we're hard at work getting more official live channels in there as well :)

Great idea to sort by language/country, definitely worth looking in to.

Sorry to disappoint you but we are NOT looking to be a all-in-one streaming app. We saw the need of a TV-guide solution for live content on the web, a need that doesn't really exist for on-demand services like Netflix or Hulu. See my point?

Thanks a million for the feedback!

7. bluespider macrumors 6502

bluespider

No disappointment :) The app was not one that i'd install and immediately remove, in fact still have it on and look forward to using and seeing it grow ...
    Thanks for the response!

8. Liveguide thread starter macrumors newbie

Liveguide

Thanks again for the feedback bluespider, anyone else got thoughts? :)

9. Liveguide thread starter macrumors newbie

Liveguide