Free Microell

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johndallas999, May 27, 2011.

1. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Just got an offer for free microcell from ATT in the mail today. Said all i have to do is take the offer sheet up to a local ATT store and must keep ATT wireless service for 1 year or return/pay for the device. Anyone done this yet? I'm probably going to do it since I only get 1 bar in my house.

2. I3eXa macrumors 6502

wish I had one of those in the mail, I'd be all over it!

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

not sure why there needs to be a new thread every time it happens. Actually. quite common with AT&T. If you have a signal problem go talk to the store or call. if your a good customer they work to keep you. I can at least say that about at&t vs other cell carriers I have had. I have had a Microcell for about a year now.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I have tried numerous time to get a free microcell. No dice though. I get terrible reception and have been a customer for 8 years.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

try talking to a Manager. Many people have got them on MR. there are several lg threads about it. btw not thrilled with mine but I wouldn't be happy without it.

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Ill give it a shot. Do you pay a monthly fee at all?

7. svenn macrumors 6502

Was this letter completely out of the blue? Or did you have to complain about poor service before?

8. johndallas999 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

It was just a random letter. I've never said anything to ATT about it. Kind of odd that they are just sending these out without complaints but who knows.

9. Ohwhatda macrumors newbie

I got mine free just by calling up and asking for one. They'll refuse to give it to you for free, and insist that the coverage map shows reception in your area, but just ask to talk to the manager and suddenly you're getting it completely free and no contract/requirement. It helps if you've been an ATT customer for a while too.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

no monthly fee but I am not a huge phone user. Since getting the microcell I have also removed my landline so it's saving that cost as well.

11. megsalias macrumors regular

I got a free one a couple of weeks ago, and it's sitting in the window unplugged. It would take it over a minute just to send a call out. If you can't make calls in your house as it is, I would say it's worth it. I had 2-3 bars consistently, and the microcell just made things worse.

12. Goldinboy17, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011

Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I called AT&T and they refused. Apparently my new home is in a "good coverage area." It pisses me off that they won't at least admit this area has bad coverage. According to AT&T's site I've been a customer for 9 and a half years, I'll definitely leave come September. At the very least I won't be home June/July so I won't have to deal with all of these dropped calls. Just look at these awful results from Speedtest! Next time I'll ask to speak to a manager. :mad::mad::mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]