FREE mini display adapters with new mbp purchase?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by south8212, Oct 18, 2008.

1. south8212 macrumors 6502

Well I bought the new mbp on tuesday. Got a shipping notice thinking it was the mbp they were sending but it was actually shipping info for 2 adapters. One was the mini display to dvi and the other the mini display to vga. I had a charge of 0 dollars for the order. I dont know why they included these for free (i have no use for them). Did everybody get this deal?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

They have to give them to people. There is nothing currently available that use that mini port.

3. snake101st macrumors regular

what? I bought mine in store and I didn't get cables.

4. Empyre macrumors member

Mini Displayport? or the old mini port they had on the MacBooks? If they shipped you a free Displayport adapter that would be really badass, but then I would be making a phone call asking them that they plz ship me one for my new MBP!!

5. south8212 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah they sent me adapters for the new mini display port. I didnt ask for them or anything, they just sent them.

6. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Hey I want one!

I bought at the Apple store and did not get anything extra :(

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Pfft. Apple doesn't have to do anything. It's Apple. Video adapters are officially not included, and in fact, are an extra cost option when you buy online at the Apple Store.

OP either got lucky or erroneously charged for them and doesn't know it yet. OP: I'd call up the CC company you bought your MBP with and make sure you were not charged. Otherwise, congrats you got a nice bonus. Personally, I have not received any shipping notice for free adapters, only the computer itself.

8. Logos327 macrumors 6502

You do not get them for free. They are in the charge of the computer. I have the same situation:

I ordered the new (CTO) MBP and a mini DP to dvi adapter, and the adapter shipped early with a price of $0.00. However that price ($29) is in the Macbook Pro 15.4 CTO price.

9. south8212 thread starter macrumors 6502

No its not included in the price otherwise people would be posting here that they received them for free as well. All my card was charged for was the price of the computer 1944.00 and tax 136.08.

10. mnemons macrumors newbie

The adapters aren't free.
    I paid $29.95 for mini display port-VGA adapter at Apple Store along with the new MBP.

11. south8212 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am not saying that the adapters are free, i was just wondering if this was happening to everyone or if it was just something with my order. BTW i ordered mine through telesales so maybe that had something to do with it.