[FREE MP3s] MusOpen: Beethoven Recording Project

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fiveos22, May 19, 2010.

1. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

I was rolling around the internet the other night when I came across a website that I had previously written about [MacRumors] whose mission is to bring free (and copyright free) classical music to the masses. There quite a few good recordings on the site and I see that it has integrated access to sheet music for the recordings it offers.

www.MusOpen.com

The site owners are now attempting to go after a big fish, as far as the classical music industry is concerned: they are going to commission a symphony to record all nine of Beethoven's symphonies to be made available to the masses, FOR FREE. They are looking to raise $10k to do this (which is not bad for a normal professional recording session, let alone one that will produce about six hours of final recordings!!!)

I highly encourage you to check out their website and perhaps donate to the cause (which doesn't seem like much at the end of the day).

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Wow........... this sounds to good to be true... Reading up on it now.

Thanks for the link and the info!

3. Fiveos22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

4. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Part of the trouble is that there are so many fantastic recordings already, many available at low prices. The Szell/Cleveland Orchestra set, for example, is budget-priced by Sony, but is second to none in quality.