FREE music (non iTunes Store) 2007-08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TimTheEnchanter, Dec 3, 2007.

1. TimTheEnchanter macrumors 6502a

TimTheEnchanter

Mod request:
    We need a stickied thread for non-iTunes Store freebies. I suggest unsticky or merge the Starbucks threads to make room (as to not have too many sticky threads) Thx!

To kick this thread off...
    For all you would-be "Idol" contestants, DealNews reports that Amazon MP3 has over 5,000 karaoke songs for FREE! Add an iHome Hidro-Fi and a Magic Mic will turn your shower your stage! For those that rather not sing nude and wet in front of friends and family, just get the iKaraoke, iLive or The Singing Machine for an all-out karaoke party feast for the ears.

Still available is the TuneCore offering of 34 songs via iTunes that I posted previously.

Anyway, 5,000+ free karaoke mp3s to start this thread off. Share your freebie finds here!

Enjoy!
    TTE :)

2. TimTheEnchanter thread starter macrumors 6502a

TimTheEnchanter

I've found a list for LEGAL FREE music downloads (quality of music varies) from labels and artists.

Links to Tens of Thousands of Legal Music Downloads
    Enjoy free music without getting in trouble by downloading the legal MP3s many musicians provide as a way to promote themselves.

The site itself offers an interesting read on the inner workings and legalities of the music business and offers strong advocacy for getting music legally rather than through piracy, which I totally agree with. I personally buy from many independent artists directly, many of which offer free promotional downloads, usually cool live or acoustics recordings. I'd much rather support quality artists directly than the record companies with their marketing-created "talent".

Anyway, just sharing another freebie (although you'll have to dig for them) but you should find some good stuff...best of all it's legal and free!

Enjoy!
    TTE :)