Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drummerbooker14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Georgia
i am buying a new macbook from the apple store, and my dad has the education discount for staff of college. will that work as well with the free nano, and do i have to order the nano before i can find out if i am applicable. is there anyone who has done this

thanks

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
If you buy the MacBook and iPod under your dad's edu discount, then you do qualify.

However, the MacBook and iPod MUST be on the same oder/reciept.

twentyone

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2006
They have to be part of the same order to count. Both parts (iPod + Macbook) need to be purchased under the education discount as well.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
drummerbooker14 said:
so it does work for non- college discounts
The iPod rebate works for all edu discounts (whether K-8 teacher, college student, or college staff).

From the Apple Back to School FAQs:

You must be a qualified Apple Education Individual end-user purchaser. Qualified participants include:
  • K12: Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in the United States. School board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members. PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers.
  • Higher Education: Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions; and students attending, or accepted in to a Higher Education institution.

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
What are you supposed to put down for "address" on the rebate forum if you buy online? The Canadian one might be different than the US, I don't know. We put down "www.apple.com", and for "store" we put "Apple Computers Inc". They don't make it very clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.