Free online project management?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidwes, Sep 28, 2008.

1. davidwes macrumors 6502

Hello,

I am looking for online project management software that can help me manage projects with my coworkers who don't work in the office with me. This needs to involve task lists, but I would prefer if it had more features.

I want it to work with macs, windows and iphone. Something like this: http://www.activecollab.com/

but free??

2. Cantello macrumors member

If it's online, it would be platform-independent, right? So you can choose whatever product you like.

Free solutions will be hard to find, one web app I can recommend is hiveminder (http://hiveminder.com/splash/), which might be suitable for small projects.

3. davidwes thread starter macrumors 6502

Hiveminder does look good, but it seems that it is just tasklist.

I was hoping for more, like grouping into projects and creating project templates.

4. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

5. Cantello macrumors member

6. displaced macrumors 65816

displaced

I use Redmine

Out-of-the-box, it's geared towards software bug and feature tracking. However, it's pretty versatile -- with a bit of creative naming of categories, trackers and statuses it's possible to track virtually anything.

It's a self-hosted system -- I've got it running on my Mac Mini at home and on an Ubuntu Linux server at work. The work system currently holds around 70 projects - everything from traditional software bug tracking to sales leads and meeting/agenda tracking.

7. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

Take a look at Basecamp. A free version allows only one project.

8. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien