Free OnOneSoftware Perfect Effects

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MCAsan, Jan 29, 2014.

1. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

2. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

3. Alexander.Of.Oz macrumors 68000

Alexander.Of.Oz

4. Attonine, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014

Attonine macrumors 6502a

downloaded, installed, but not showing up as a plugin in Aperture. I moved the plugin file into the Aperture app support plugins folder still no go, any ideas?

EDIT: fixed!

5. MCAsan thread starter macrumors 601

MCAsan

I don't use Aperture so no clue. Since you should not have a licensed copy of the product, email the company support center for help.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I just got copy myself. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll have to put it through its paces, but free is nice :D

7. MCAsan thread starter macrumors 601

MCAsan

8. Ubele macrumors 6502a

I bought Perfect Photo Suite 8 last November, and I love it. I expect that onOne is giving away the Perfect Effects plug-in to entice people to upgrade to the full Suite. Perfect Effects is the plug-in I use most often. As a hobbyist, I couldn't justify paying for Photoshop CS6 or CC, but Aperture, Photoshop Elements 12, and Perfect Photo Suite 8 cover all my bases.

9. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

I noticed that Topaz 5 is quite an improvement or earlier versions. I have an early version of Perfect Effects, but I don't like it as much as NIK's plugins.

10. Ubele macrumors 6502a

When I decided to buy a plug-in suite last November, NIK, Topaz, and Perfect Photo were the three I read about in my research, and all received good reviews. Perfect Photo Suite was the cheapest, so that's what I went with. From what I read, version 8 is a big improvement over previous version. Since Perfect Effects 8 is free for the moment, you might as well give it a try.

11. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

Yes, I will. I was sent an email with the offer of a free Perfect Effects. I should have purchased Perfect Photo Suit right after Christmas. I believe that the asking price was around $99.00 (?). A huge discount, but I took too long to buy it, and the price went up to normal.

12. MCAsan thread starter macrumors 601

MCAsan

The price is $50 off. See the link 5 messages above. They never ask if you have a competing product and I doubt the installer checked. They will send you emails with links to lots of presets, textures, and backgrounds.

13. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

It's a trial why would they send presets etc?

14. MCAsan thread starter macrumors 601

MCAsan

15. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

While I have an earlier version of Perfect Effects, I was also offered a free version of Photo Effects 8 which I already downloaded and installed on my computers. But what I was referring to before was that OneOne Software also offered Perfect Photo Suite 8 for $99.95 to previous owners of any of their effects. But I did not take the offer. If I would have, then the discount would have been around $88.00.
    http://www.ononesoftware.com/store/

I have used perfect Effects 8 (the free version) a couple of times already, and like it a lot more than previous versions. But I still find NIK's a lot easier to use, since it shows in the Filters menu among other things. Perfect Effects shows in the CS5 and CS6 "File Menu", under "Automate."

16. Schranke macrumors 6502

Schranke

Thanks for the heads up on this, will check it out :)