Free "Open source" music for imovies?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by eclipse, Dec 7, 2007.

1. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Hi all,
    just wondering if there are any open source composers out there that have got together and set up sites to promote their music, and actually donate different genres of work?

I've got some footage we took to display in public, but sadly may have to re-run the photos against new music because the old music was copyright (not for public screening.) So that means re-running all those photos to the beat!! :eek::eek:

Blagh! I don't know if I can do it... but for future reference, it would be great to have any open source music you know of. (For a church public carols thing, so it must be legitimate and legal music.)

2. relimw macrumors 6502a

You can try creativecommons.org which allows you to search for music based on what license the music carries. Try in particular the 'OWL music search' tab. You might also try artistserver.com.

3. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

4. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Wow!

I didn't know Moby had that out there! Cool.

5. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

6. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Ah beat me to it.

Yeah Make sure to Google "Royalty Free" music, theres lot of choices out there, some of it not so good though.

Or, you can make a soundtrack with Garageband or Soundtrack Pro or even Logic.

7. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

I would say Logic Studio is a very good choice w/ all the JamPacks coming with it.

8. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Hey guys, I have enough trouble getting my head around iMovie and iDVD let alone actually writing music (when I've never learnt any instrument and can't read music.):confused:

9. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Shame on you all! ;)

I could have saved HOURS of searching if you'd just sent me to

http://www.macidol.com/song/20433

Mac Idol is the place to hang for music! Not only do they have great stuff for free legally, but each genre description is great for a non muso such as myself. Check it out! Movie scores, background stuff, hints on using Garage Band, it just keeps on going. And the site is really user friendly and attractive to use, as one would expect from Mac-fans.