Free OSX Lion delay

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by duteberta, Jul 20, 2011.

1. duteberta macrumors newbie

duteberta

I qualify for free Lion upgrade but the process to prove that I did indeed purchase a new iMac on June 8 is maddening. Apple wants me to TAKE A PICTURE of the bar code off the iMac box and submit it as a jpg. Now I am still waiting (6 hours later) for them to verify my purchase. (?!?!?!)

I have been using the same Apple ID login for many years but they still make me jump through these hoops. Unbelievable. Fanboy is starting to crack.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Sometimes these things take time ... there are a lot of technical things going on at Apple today, and I'm sure you are not the only one waiting for confirmation.

3. ChiTown00 macrumors newbie

I know it doesn't help you, but I too qualify with my new iMac purchase, and followed the instructions and it took all of 2 minutes to get verified for the free upgrade via the link below.

I just entered the iMac's serial # and my apple ID and it took me to app store and started downloading.

Not one problem with any of the Lion update, matter of fact, when I went to purchase the Lion upgrade for my MBA, it said I already purchased it and let me download it again for free... Sweet deal!

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

You can install it on as many computers as you like using the same apple id.

5. Lost Rider macrumors member

Lost Rider

Isn't that what he said?... ;)

6. Oscar02083450 macrumors newbie

7. BillyBuff macrumors newbie

I've gotten my redemption code 2 minutes after filling out the form as per the above link.

My iMac purchase was on June 24, 2011 and only SL was installed. :)

8. pdignam macrumors newbie

I applied for my free download on 21st and I'm still waiting for the authorisation code to be supplied.
    I want to speed this up, naturally, but I'm not sure who/how to contact at Apple. If anybody can help with this contact information, I'll be grateful.

Peter