Free Patchstick including cool system tools

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tom1971, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Sickwickednasty macrumors newbie

I've followed these instructions to the dot, and it hasn't worked.

I was able to create and activate the patchstick without a problem, but once I plug it into the appleTV and hold down the menu and - button, it never actually boots.

I never reach the AppleTV&More boot logo, instead I just see the usual apple tv boot logo, and then it asks me to pick a language, and then it goes to the recovery page which gives me the option to restart, run diagonistics or factory restore.

Does the OP or anyone else have any thoughts on why this might be happening?

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I've tried with three different USB sticks and it wouldn't work for me, either. Sure is clunky.

3. tom1971 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It is a problem that is related to the USB sticks. Just try another one. I9 know it is annoying, but it is the only way to go.
    Happy Hacking !

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I really don't need to. Since my ATV is eSATA, I can just connect it to my Mac and install the files I need. I tried boxee and xbmc, but they're really just not for me. I had high hopes for xbmc, but it clearly is inferior to the ATV's Front Row software for hi-def playback. Until Apple lets us know what they're doing to leverage the gpu in the ATV (i.e., release the dev tools, which I'm sure they won't) FR is the best playback software for the ATV.