Free printer with the MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spandexman, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Spandexman macrumors regular

I was looking at kitting out a MacBook Pro 17 and how much it'll cost (again), and noticed that they no longer say that you get £60 off a printer. Have they removed the offer, or am I just not reading properly? This is on the UK site using the higher education discount. I'm sure a couple of weeks ago they said that you get a £60 mail in rebate.

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Most of those deals were from the printer manufacture. 2009 the rebate was extended 2-3 times. You have to check to see when they expired in your region. It might run again.

I did a search for you in the Apple store for "rebates" and saw this link. The last printer rebate expired last week.

http://www.apple.com/uk/promo/past.html

You can check around other certified resellers and see if they have the same rebate. I just got a MBP and I didn't go with the free printer thing cause if you wait you can find a printer at another store, a better printer for less. When a newer model comes out, you can pick up one then.

3. Spandexman thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the information. Pity about that, I was looking forward to getting a £70 printer for a tenner, but I guess it's just not to be. I'll be crossing my fingers for it to be renewed whenever the new ones get released.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The US store is still running it and that surprises me that the UK wouldn't. What does the online chat agent say? Usually they'll point you to the page.