Free RAM after 4S Jailbreak

sammieboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
After installing all the essential tweaks in Cydia....How much free RAM does everyone have after a fresh reboot and before launching any apps? I'm getting around 260-270MB. Just wanted to see what the norm was.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
After installing all the essential tweaks in Cydia....How much free RAM does everyone have after a fresh reboot and before launching any apps? I'm getting around 260-270MB. Just wanted to see what the norm was.
I have never bothered checking it but to answer you question, ~265MB free!

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I'm on an i4 and after a reboot, I get around 315mb. If I hit free memory after some usage, I get around 350 with 371 as the highest I've gotten.

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
Why do you wish to get that number?
Dont be OCD, stop worrying about free memory and enjoy your phone.
Unused memory is wasted memory.
Oh i agree. I am not really worried about it. I dont/haven't noticed any slow down of my device since the JB. I just saw i could check where i was at with intelliscreenx.

malias4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Greece and Holland
I'm on an i4 and after a reboot, I get around 315mb. If I hit free memory after some usage, I get around 350 with 371 as the highest I've gotten.
i got almost the same also on iphone 4 , but its not to worry my friends as long as the ios dont lag its no prob for me at least!!

by the way inteli x uses a lot of ram as im planing to buy it soon !

mario24601

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2010
I have 336 free once I close everything in background. I have installed BiteSMS and SBSettings so far.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Jailbroken phones aren't very good with memory management.
They're not?
First time I heard that.
The iOS doesnt manage the memory any longer when the phone is JB?
Offcourse it also depends on what JB packages you install, buggy or resource hog ones will slow it down.
But like I said I wouldnt sit there and worry about that number all the time.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Fresh respring, 269MB but I do have a bunch of plugins running.

If anyone is worried about speed, you should try FakeClockUp. I have it set at 40%, soooo much better than stock!

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Fresh respring, 269MB but I do have a bunch of plugins running.

If anyone is worried about speed, you should try FakeClockUp. I have it set at 40%, soooo much better than stock!
Is it like FakeClockUp?

Edit: never mind. You used a different name like Speed boost or something then edited it before I quoted you :p

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Is it like FakeClockUp?

Edit: never mind. You used a different name like Speed boost or something then edited it before I quoted you :p
Ya sorry about that. Last time I had a jailbreak was on the 3G and I used one called SpeedIntensifier back then. Got confused :p

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
They're not?
First time I heard that.
The iOS doesnt manage the memory any longer when the phone is JB?
Offcourse it also depends on what JB packages you install, buggy or resource hog ones will slow it down.
But like I said I wouldnt sit there and worry about that number all the time.
I don't feel like they are. It seems the OS doesn't release memory as well in a jailbroken state.

Ankith Jain

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
I have iPhone 4.. 16 GB.. 5.1.1 untethered from Absinthe.. I have only 180Mb RAM free that too after Freeing up... And my phone has a lag also.. While playing games like Fruit Ninja... Or while opening the settings menu.. It takes 30 seconds to open settings menu..:( Please help..

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Restore it, choose set up as new then re-jailbreak.
Keep your Cydia hacks to a reasonable number.
An iPhone4 has plenty or RAM and processor speed to run newest firmware jailbroken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.