Free Shipping?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by basqarl, Nov 23, 2007.

1. basqarl macrumors regular

For the life of me, I cannot remember.......

Does the Apple Store always have free shipping or is this just something offered today (Black Friday 2007) and/or certain special occasions?

Need to know today whether to order my MBP or not (not discounted, of course, but I have the option to get the educator discount). So, any jogging of my brain-dead mind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!:D

2. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Got the money? Just buy it.

Orders over like $50 are normally free shipping.

3. basqarl thread starter macrumors regular

Still considering other options for MBP...

Thanks for your reply about shipping/sales tax.

Am still browsing the forums to try to figure out whether to get it now or wait for upgrade to Penryn in January or February (assuming the rumors are true).

Son has MBP and complains of over-heating and battery issues. As an amateur photographer, I want the max RAM (will probably order separately through another vendor to save $$$). I also want the matte high resolution screen due to more realistic color saturation and representation.

Have been considering 15" but although I want portability when needed, this will also serve as my desktop, so I'm thinking that the 17" might serve me better. Also, I tend to have many applications and many windows open at once, so 17" will probably give me better immediate access visually.

Am not in a HUGE hurry, but my old Dell laptop is on its last legs and is very very slow (and does not have the features I need at this point), so the sooner the better, except that I am hearing that the Penryn will not have the heating issues and will be faster (?) so really am torn as to whether to ride it out on my Dell or buy now.

Another thing is that when the new MBP comes out, there will probably be bugs to be ironed out; not sure I want to have to deal with that; buying a 'tested' system such as the current MBP may be the way to go.

Anyway, at least the 'free shipping' issue is not an immediate consideration, so thanks again for that advice.

This is probably more information than you/others ever wanted to read.....:D

4. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

5. basqarl thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks so much. Sorry to post question in other threads.... am still learning the "MacRumors:Forums" protocol...

:eek: