Free software to recover files deleted from trash

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Minsk59, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Minsk59 macrumors newbie

Hello, I want to recover a file deleted from trash. I downloaded the rial version of Easus which found the file but then asked me to 'upgrade' to actually recover the file (103€).

Is there a free program which will actually restore the file (not just find it) or a program cheaper than Easus?

Thanks in advance.

2. Howard2k macrumors 68000

Howard2k

I don't know, sorry.

For what it's worth, 103€ would buy a decent external HDD you could use for Time Machine and then not wore about accidentally deleting stuff. Not trying to rub salt into the wound or anything like that, but sometimes we don't know that we need a backup strategy until we need a backup strategy.

Good luck! Sorry I don't have more relevant info.

3. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

Absolutely right. You may have left it too late if you've been using your Mac for a while after deleting the file. There is no substitute for having a basic backup, and it's super-easy to do with TimeMachine and a fairly cheap external drive.

I've not used this product...

https://macosxfilerecovery.com

...so can't vouch for it in any way, but it sounds like it might be of some use to you.

Good luck!

4. SDColorado macrumors 68040

SDColorado

Depending on how large the file is, Wondershare RecoverIt might work. But the trial version is limited to 100MB recovery. The paid version works well, but it is an annual subscription. I think you will find this to be the case with most "free" data recovery software. It is only a trial/demo version that allows for little to no data recovery.