Free solitaire app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by superstrikertwo, Jul 25, 2008.

1. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Is there a free solitaire app? I don't see one and I don't want to pay 5 bux for the one that has like 7 different versions of it. Straight up solitaire please.

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Nope.

The cheapest is $1.99 which looks ugly.

The next is $3.99 Solitaire Top 3 (which is really nice...only has Solitaire, Freecell and Spider).

After that I'd say Solitaire City.

And once mondo comes out with a performance update...then that will be better than any other solitaire application.

3. wok macrumors member

Looks like Mondo just came out with an update. $10 seems like a lot, but the interface does look really appealing, especially if they've fixed some of the quirks/bugs that the reviews were mentioning.

Anyone have a chance to play with this version yet?

4. chrisb3 macrumors regular

I like Solitaire Forever. over 150 games for $5.99. SF just had an update postedas well.

5. superstrikertwo thread starter macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Hmm so far Solitaire Top 3 is the most appealing thanks for the input guys!

6. Pandora01 macrumors regular

I agree. Tons of games for $6 bucks, you can't beat it. Plus there are lots of options for the visuals (animation, card backs & fronts, etc.), and you can play in portrait or landscape mode. It's the only paid app that I've downloaded so far, and it was well worth the money. Oh, and there's a free trial (including iPhone mode) on their website, if you click the link in the listing.

7. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Solebon Solitaire is fantastic. Unfortunately, the developer is waiting for Apple to publish a couple updates. Until then, it's not hugely stable. Once the updates publish, I think it will be the Solitaire to beat. At least for me. Very polished game.

8. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Which one?

Okay, a decent free solitaire game would be nice but I'm not seeing anything decent out there. So, now I'm trying to choose between Platinum Solitaire and Cookie Bonus Solitaire. The only "must" for me would be that Golf is included. I see it's in Platinum Solitaire but I don't see a listing of games for Bonus Cookie Solitaire. Has anyone tried one or both of these games? :confused:

9. chrisb3 macrumors regular

I think Solitaire Forever has Golf. I'll check for it in a bit.

*edit* Ok. I checked. It does have a Golf Solitaire game amongst the 150+ games.

10. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

A lot of people, in their reviews, said the cards were too small and hard to see. What do you think?

11. chrisb3 macrumors regular

I never had a problem. With the 1.01 update, it looks like he adjusted card size a little and added an additional card set that has the # and suit printed large on the card face.

There's also a zoom feature, but Ive never had a use for it.

12. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

13. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I paid $10 just for the Klondike game in AcidSolitaire Collection. It's just that damned good! :D

14. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

The idea of paying for solitaire saddens me, I miss the days of it being included on iPods.

15. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

there are web apps that u can link on your home screen and have the button there like a native app.

i have a few web-based apps that i have saved. solitare, roulette, poker, etc etc. and they're all free

16. superstrikertwo thread starter macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

That's what I'm doing at the moment but I was hoping for a free native app I somehow missed.

17. aosman macrumors 6502

If the Solitaire apps that are available are good, $3.99ish doesn't sound so steep.