Free starbucks wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OrangeCuse44, Nov 19, 2008.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Im curious if you can use your laptop for the free daily wifi or if the log in must come from mobile safari?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You can if you spoof your browser.

In Safari preferences > Advanced> Show Develop menu.

Then under Develop menu, choose User Agent>Mobile Safari (iPhone).

3. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Get a starbucks card, load it with at least $5. Then register it online and follow the directions to set up a free AT&T wifi account. As long as you keep 5 bucks on the REloadable starbucks card you can get 2 hours a day of free wifi...

4. OrangeCuse44 thread starter macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

6. DigMe macrumors 6502

I can't even get the free wifi to work on my phone when I follow the directions from the website. :rolleyes:

7. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I'd suggest calling AT&T but that would take all day! LOL!

8. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

Seriously guys has ANYONE gotten this to work? I tried going to Starbucks, opening up wifi on my iphone - typing in the phone number on the AT&T page, and after I got the text message, I clicked on the link in the text message. Wifi worked on my iphone.

Then I tried spoofing the mac address of my iphone, changing my browser agent to Safari Mobile, but it didn't work. I have a macbook pro, so maybe I didn't properly spoof it, but I tried using some command from the unix terminal prompt.

Oh well, I fussed with it for an hour and gave up. I think it's easier to either join the Starbucks club for $20 for 1 year (your first beverage is free and you get 10% off all future visits, and free wifi), or keep your Starbucks gift card re-loaded (and register online). Why bother with all the hacking?

Oh wait, I know why... Because if you're like me, HACKING IS FUN!!!

9. Rotary8 macrumors regular

sorry for digging this thread up (i discovered via google searches on how to do this)

I tried doing the exact same thing as you and it doesn't work. Thinking about giving up. Has anyone here had better luck?

10. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

i was never able to get the spoofing thing to work either. I think it worked initially but then they caught on and closed that loophole.

11. leons macrumors 6502

I'm on a Blackberry Data plan. If I use this SIM in my Iphone (works fine), will I be able to connect to the free Starbucks WIFI?

12. OrangesOfCourse macrumors member

the spoof does not work anymore... :( i just bought a starbucks card... use it once a month at least and register it online. once you have done that you can get 2 hours a day of free wifi.

http://www.starbucks.com/retail/wireless.asp

13. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

Here's what I did: I found 4 different locally owned coffee shops w/ readily accessible free wifi (and great coffee at good prices)! ;)

14. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Tell me about it. Everyone coffee house, cafe, sandwich shop around me has free wifi except Starbucks. Get with times Starbucks it isn't 2003 anymore.:)