Free Stealth Guard Full Body Cases for your iPhone or iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by yeoldgreat1, Aug 20, 2010.

1. yeoldgreat1 macrumors newbie

Stealth Guards are giving away free full body guards for your phone/music player. Instead of the normal $15, all you pay is the shipping (approx $2). They are like the Invisible Shield cases (no extra bulk and scratch resistant) but without the hassle of the water spray stuff.

Stealth Guard website

I've ordered one for my HD2, Check it out.

It says that the offer is limited to the first 2000 customers, not sure how long that will last, though it's been going for the past week.

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Thanks for posting. I ordered a couple sets for my wife and I. Not bad for under $5.

3. Wallace2 macrumors member

Just ordered one for the iphone 4. Thanks for the link.

4. tech324 macrumors 6502

I just ordered one for my ipod touch 4th gen that is coming. Thanks for the link. It only cost like $2.85. Sweet.

5. 7racer macrumors regular

I did too...thanks a bunch! I mainly want it for the back....Hope PS comes out with one for the front later.

6. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip.

I ordered one for the wifes iPhone 4 and one for my new iPod touch when I get round to buying it.

7. wootwootman macrumors member

has anyone who ordered for the ipod touch 4g received any emails or notice of shipping from this place? other than the initial order email.

i ordered mine on sep. 2 and have yet to hear anything

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

they are legit. got free ones in early august back when had a similar promo from this company

9. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I received mine today. Look pretty decent I will put them on tmr and let you guys know

10. wootwootman macrumors member

when did you order and did you get any emails after the first one?
    im a bit anxious cuz i ordered to my dorm and i hope it gets here

11. tech324 macrumors 6502

I ordered mine on Sept 5th (Sunday) and still no word on shipping or anything. I even emailed them and no response.

12. wootwootman macrumors member

i guess they still have to make the design , then manufacture, and finally start shipping. we couldn't have expected them to have them ready to go before launch day

13. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

14. wootwootman macrumors member

yeah i just got an email notification that mine was shipped today

its shipping to a dorm so i want to see how long it takes, seeing as how i ordered my touch from amazon and had it shipped here too. dear god i hope it makes it.:(

15. jonofthedead macrumors newbie

Worst $2.85 I've ever spent. Complete and utter garbage.

16. Code.Red macrumors regular

Code.Red

Why?

17. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Ok..so I just got mine.. I guess I'm going to put it on.. and hope it does not take away from the retina.

18. jonofthedead macrumors newbie

I'm not sure how the other skins such as BestSkinsEver and InvisibleShield and what not work, but I am absolutely not going to be putting a water-based formula all over the back and front of my iPod.

Also, the sticky side of these things track fingerprints like no other, and it's impossible not to touch the back side. The cutouts for the cameras (front and back) aren't taken out, so you have to manually poke a hole through for the mic section, which looks like it may or may not interfere with the microphone on the back.

They were just a complete waste of $3. If you like them, that's all on you, but I thought they were terrible and I'll stick with my Belkin Grip Vue case. I followed the instructions to the t: from the sketchy white company-less envelope they came in, to the "oh just use formula all over your ipod and put them on it" instructions on the website.

19. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

Ok, I don't know if I can recommend the free Stealth Guard. I received mine yesterday and just installed it today.

1. It does not cover the corners 100%

2. It does catch fingerprints like nothing else on the sticky side and even the shape of the apple and everything else written in the back of the ipod. You can see that once you install and remove it for any reason

3. It does not come with the spray solution

4. You have to poke through camera, mic and button holes because they come pre-cut but not easily removable

5. Not easy to install like the invisible shield

6. Installing the front WITHOUT the solution, just by measuring and slowly installing gave a much better result than the back, which I used the solution and removed it over 5 times to place it in the right position because the mic was getting blocked

7. Good thing it's just $2.85. I got 3 sets and I'm pretty happy with the way the screen looks and is protected. Not satisfied with the back fitting and looks though.

8. If you are looking for full protection this product won't do it so I'm still waiting on the $.99 rubber cases I got from China.

20. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Thanks for the post, Guiguiga.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts. I just installed the back. I made my own solution (water and one drop of soap). I had the same issue where I had to take it off because it was covering the mic. That made it less sticky. It took some major rubbing with a cloth to keep the sides down. As you said, it does not cover the whole back, which was disappointing.

So in essence, yes, it's worth $2, but I"m still going to buy a cheap case from China to protect it.
    It does add nice grip, now I don't feel like I am going to drop it whenever I hold it.

I'm scared to install the front because I don't want to take away from the retina display.. I'm kinda waiting to see how the back looks after it fully dries.

Perhaps I might try no solution on the front?

21. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

Well, that's what I did. I installed the back first and got disappointed. So in the front I just pulled the film about 1/2 an inch, aligned it with the top and front facing camera and just kept laying it down very slowly so I wouldn't get any bubbles.

Now, be careful doing this because if something sticks to the sticky part when it's dry, it won't come out, not even after washing it... It happened to me. But again, not using the solution gave me a better / cleaner result.

22. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

23. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

Absolutely not if you're careful enough to not get bubbles or dust between device and film while installing it.

24. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Great- thanks for your help. :)

I'll post here about my feelings after I apply it later tonight.

25. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

When you just finish, the screen looks pixelated. Let it sit for an hour at least after installing it and it will look perfect. Again, installing it without the solution.

With the solution, I still have marks, a few bubbles and freaking fingerprints from the sticky side in the back!