Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlf1187

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
Does anyone know of a site that streams episodes of family guy for free? or other tv shows for that matter?

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
um, some tv channels are posting their shows online for free.

i dont think Family Guy or Fox is as of yet, but its not "illegal" in the sense it was on free tv in the first place.

showtime, HBO etc shows, thats a problem id assume right away.

but asking here, not a good idea.

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
um, some tv channels are posting their shows online for free.

i dont think Family Guy or Fox is as of yet, but its not "illegal" in the sense it was on free tv in the first place.

showtime, HBO etc shows, thats a problem id assume right away.

but asking here, not a good idea.

Yes, it was shown on free tv, but FOX still owns the rights. Not just anybody can broadcast this stuff. I know msn is showing episodes of Arrested Development but they had to pay FOX for the right to do this. If you haven't watched much of that show, though, you should check it out.

arresteddevelopment.msn.com

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Yes, it was shown on free tv, but FOX still owns the rights. Not just anybody can broadcast this stuff.

is downloading, even streaming, really broadcasting?

lets not get into the typical YES its illegal so stop right there, type threads.

and just assume using common sense its quite alright to download TV shows that air on regular TV.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Have you checked the iTunes podcast section lately.;) Ok while not streams or shows there is some cool stuff in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.