Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
How does that app block ads on YouTube on Apple TV?

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
Apple TV list the app as recently updated and states what is new in the update but, it is still doing it.
Maybe try reinstalling the app. Would be really surprised if it still happens, took me the whole week to test and fix this problem, and I definitely can't reproduce it anymore. It will disconnect/reconnect every 4 hours though, as a security measure.

EDIT: This is while streaming and using VPN data… If it's idle and no data are streamed, it will disconnect after 30-40 min due to inactivity, unless you have enabled "always stay connected".

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
SwizzTube will be completely free starting with the next update. I decided that way, since I only got a handful of subscribers/payers on this app. So instead I'll use it to promote my other apps. You can cancel any subscriptions you have of SwizzTube.

backstreetboy

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2023
Thanks. The MacOS version only goes fullscreen on the actual video but the video page /home page doesn't.

sau124

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007
Hi all

I'd like to present you my 3rd app: SwizzTube. It's a rather simple app which allows you to watch YouTube videos without ads. It has a favorite/bookmark feature to create a list, a history list and allows for picture-in-picture and background (display off) playback. No registration/account needed.

It's completely free!

App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id6466721604?pt=125819844&ct=macrumors&mt=8

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

P.S.: If you want to watch YouTube without ads on Apple TV, check out my other app SwizzVPN. It allows to block YouTube ads on Apple TV (and any other Apple devices) while using the original YouTube app.

Greetings
I use the YouTube PIP shortcut feature and ad-block app. How is this different? Is this just combining both of the features in 1?

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
Glad this thread got bumped, didn't know it existed. A big "Thank You" to @pvalerio for providing this app, I've been using it for several months now and really like it. 👍

Reactions: pvalerio

pvalerio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2023
I use the YouTube PIP shortcut feature and ad-block app. How is this different? Is this just combining both of the features in 1?
I don't know about that. But my app doesn't need any fiddling with that, just install and use it. Since it's free you can just try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.